Freaky Deal

Discussion in 'BearClaw Corner' started by Toystoretom, May 14, 2006.

1. Toystoretom

ToystoretomLiving Legend

United States
    Featured Threads:
    If you have a Rocket with the silver motor and you ride alot and don't spend a whole lot of time keeping your bike clean (Kind of like me:D) , if you look under the engine on the right side of the bike you will find that the engine case is clean. If you look under the left side you will find the lower engine case is filthy. As in black... What's up with that?? :confused: I'm sure the bikes with blacked out engines do the same thing... its just harder to see. I've been checking out other Rockets and they all seem to be doing it to a certain degree...

2. ScottRocket

ScottRocket.020 Over

Featured Threads:
    hoses

I found two small hoses open, pointing down underneath the motor on the lower left. When a touched them, my hand was covered with oil. I checked the oil level and it was fine. It may be an oil blow-by hose like on my diesel engine on the sail boat, but I have not spent a lot of time running it down. -Scott :eek: :eek:

3. Toystoretom

ToystoretomLiving Legend

United States
    Featured Threads:
    I don't have any hoses on the left side to the front of the engine... there are two or three to the rear of the engine.. This black stuff (To me anyway) just appears to be road grime??? It may mean that I should clean my bike more often....

4. ejmoment

ejmoment.020 Over

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    I noticed the exact same thing last week during an oil change... didn't take the time to figure out why though!

5. wilbur-t

wilbur-tTop Fuel

Featured Threads:
    Media:

Clean your bike??????????????

6. ScottRocket

ScottRocket.020 Over

Featured Threads:

That's them. The left rear of the engine block I have two hoses that are unconnected and pointing down. The are always coated with oil.

7. wilbur-t

wilbur-tTop Fuel

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Maybe there is a vortex caused by the tremendous power of the R3 that pulls this oil to the front?:confused:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice