Floorboards for the rear on an R3R

grampi

Supercharged
Ride
2013 R3R
I'd like to put floorboards on the back for my wife. I wanted to get the Triumph floorboards (I guess they would be the ones for the touring model), but I can't seem to find out if they'll fit on the Roadster. If I have to go with aftermarket ones, what would you recommend? Thanks.

I put a set of the Rivcos on mine. The wife loves them. Mine is a roadster, but sure they make them for the touring.

I put a set of the Rivcos on mine. The wife loves them. Mine is a roadster, but sure they make them for the touring.

Mine is a Roadster too, but I don't know if Triumph makes floorboards specifically for the Roadster...I was wondering if the ones for the touring model would fit the Roadster...if not, I could just go with the Rivcos...

You can make the touring ones fit but it is a lot of work when you can just buy the Rivco boards and get her the extension arms also she will love them.

I don't believe that the rear pegs have changed since the change from the Std/Classic to the Roadster. Just the front have changed.

That means that the Rivco boards w/ extension arms are your only option. I would certainly not assume that the Touring model boards will fit a Roadster.

The extension arms are required unless you want to do some home engineering. They move the boards forward about 4 inches to address a common complaint that the rear pegs are too far back.

I don't believe that the rear pegs have changed since the change from the Std/Classic to the Roadster. Just the front have changed.

That means that the Rivco boards w/ extension arms are your only option. I would certainly not assume that the Touring model boards will fit a Roadster.

The extension arms are required unless you want to do some home engineering. They move the boards forward about 4 inches to address a common complaint that the rear pegs are too far back.

Cool. Thanks!

I have the rivco on mine also, highly recommend them, I also use the extensions they have for them for a little more comfort for the wife.. here are some pics of them separate and together..

rivco boards.jpg
rivco boards 2.jpg
rivco boards 1.jpg

Rumor from a Facebook R3 group - is that the thunderbird passenger kit will fit the roadster. Guy had them on his bike but didn't give too many details other than they were from the thunderbird. Dad has a thunderbird and best I can recall - the pegs look just like the roadsters but will be checking into it before I purchase.

Back