Fitting mid foot controls

Reggie

Standard Bore
Ride
Triumph Rocket3 GT
I will be fitting mid-foot controls to my GT possibly next week if they come on time.

The only slight concern that I have is that the new flexible pipe from the master cylinder bolts onto a fixed pipe near the oil tank that goes directly upwards and under the fuel tank, and as I cannot clamp the fixed pipe, I expect to lose some brake fluid and get air into the brake system.

Has anybody done this job and bled the rear brake system the traditional way without having to revert to activating the ABS pump with Dealertool or similar?

Although I expect the rest to be quite straightforward, are there any other peculiarities to know?

Thanks.

I will be fitting mid-foot controls to my GT possibly next week if they come on time.

The only slight concern that I have is that the new flexible pipe from the master cylinder bolts onto a fixed pipe near the oil tank that goes directly upwards and under the fuel tank, and as I cannot clamp the fixed pipe, I expect to lose some brake fluid and get air into the brake system.

Has anybody done this job and bled the rear brake system the traditional way without having to revert to activating the ABS pump with Dealertool or similar?

Although I expect the rest to be quite straightforward, are there any other peculiarities to know?

Thanks.
I did it last year and bleed them the traditional way but did it 3 times to get it to the way it was ahead of time. Wasn't perfect.
Also mounted forward pegs with bracket I already had. Used a long foot peg on one side and short one on the other. The front pegs are close. They don't interfere with braking or shifting for me. I was surprised at that. I can put my heal on highway peg or put my foot on mid and front peg at same time. ( size 11.5)

Attachments

• 20210416_220140.jpg
    20210416_220140.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 20210416_220133.jpg
    20210416_220133.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 20210416_220114.jpg
    20210416_220114.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 20210416_220048.jpg
    20210416_220048.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 40
I did it last year and bleed them the traditional way but did it 3 times to get it to the way it was ahead of time. Wasn't perfect.
Also mounted forward pegs with bracket I already had. Used a long foot peg on one side and short one on the other. The front pegs are close. They don't interfere with braking or shifting for me. I was surprised at that. I can put my heal on highway peg or put my foot on mid and front peg at same time. ( size 11.5)
Thanks for the information. It's good to know that I should be able to sort the brake lines by using the "standard" bleeding techniques. I probably won't be adding the forward foot rests like you've fitted , as on poor roads, the foot forward position plays havoc with my back.....which is slowly failing. Good to know though.

Back