First Ride Report

Good write up DR. D. As you ride the Rocket more you may find your other bikes growing cobwebs. Then growing For Sale signs.

The easy fix for the handle bars is a Rivco Riser kit. They move the bars up and back just enough to help solve that problem. I have them as my stature is small. They are an easy install and no other parts are needed. You only have to reroute some of the cables and hoses. Simple to do.

Now the fix for the fork dive is a little more complicated but easy to do if you know how to turn a wrench. You need to get a set of Progressive front fork springs (or similar) and change out the stock springs. You also need to change the fork oil to 7 weight. The stock fork oil is 5 weight. You will need a special tool Triumph has it for about $40. It is worth buying it to do the job.

My bike is a 2006 standard and has different clutch and brake levers than the Roadster. I too find the Roadster levers unsuited for me too. I don't like them. I do like my levers much better than the Roadster levers. I don't know if they are interchangeable.
I was wondering about a spring change. We did that on my daughters Scout and it helped a lot. I’ll talk to my mechanic about fixing the front shocks.

Have others besides you and I complained about the fork dive? When I say complains don’t think I’m being harsh, I just like things to as perfect as I can get them. Sure it takes money but I did not buy another bike to save money.

i got my rocket earlier this year and noticed the same front end dive you've experienced. full suspension upgrades are on the "must do" list for the coming year.

I was wondering about a spring change. We did that on my daughters Scout and it helped a lot. I’ll talk to my mechanic about fixing the front shocks.

Have others besides you and I complained about the fork dive? When I say complains don’t think I’m being harsh, I just like things to as perfect as I can get them. Sure it takes money but I did not buy another bike to save money.

There are quite a few members here that have done the front fork spring/oil swap recommended by @Idaho Red Rocket 3 mentioned, it is a huge upgrade

Had new Progressive springs and 7 oil installed in my 2005. Night and day difference. Need to have the 2012 done next few months. Feels like the front end drives quite a bit.
You will also notice that you will not be down shifting as much. Got to love the torque.

As for the dive.....use more rear and a little less front. The rear brake on a Rocket is AMAZING!

I installed Traxxion fork cardriges and up front before even putting on a mile on my Rocket, could tell just my sitting on her and pumpings while braked she'd be too soft. The cardriges control rebound as well. Around $1000 and 290 to install, just another option.

Hoopla

Back