First bike you rode and First bike you owned.

First rode something very similar to this Super Cub. I don't remember the exact model, but it had a three speed trans. I finally threw the rod through the side of the block and my dad gave it away.

super cub.jpg

The first bike I held the title to was a 175 AMF Hardly Davidson. That was in about 1982. The thing would leave me on the side of the road more often than not. I sold it and did not get another bike until I bought my 98 Tiger in 05.

Flip, you haven't disappointed us yet.

Dennis

4 dtg Dubai
5 dtg Home:)

Gorman-Rupp is a big military contractor Dennis. I wouldn't be surprised if some of their products are right under your nose.

First rode something very similar to this Super Cub. I don't remember the exact model, but it had a three speed trans. I finally threw the rod through the side of the block and my dad gave it away.

super cub.jpg

The first bike I held the title to was a 175 AMF Hardly Davidson. That was in about 1982. The thing would leave me on the side of the road more often than not. I sold it and did not get another bike until I bought my 98 Tiger in 05.

Ah yes. The venerable Harley Davidson 175 Rapido (also sold at your friendly neighborhood Sears and Grabbuck, You's think that HD would have learned about Italian reliability but what did they do??? Bought MV Agusta and then the bottom fell out of not only their business, but the world economy. Go figure.

Old bikes are like old women. Tempermental, **** falls off and they are hard to start.

This thread unduly got me carried away. I am desperately trying to retrieve from piles of long forgotten photo albums a pic of truly yours sitting on the above-mentioned BMW R50 (NOT Caterpillar-powered, Flip) in 1964 or 65. I was 15 or 16. She, the beemer, was 4 or 5 and she, my to-be- wife, was 12 or 13.

If/when I find it, you'll be the first ones to see it;)

Ol'Jamie

Maybe tomorrow, Flip. I'll let you know. If you occasionally lurk into R3Power, you'll notice that my 2-month old self-inflicted engine tuning project, of which your goodies are a phase II part, ain't no cake walk;).

Yours. Aye. Jamie

I think the first bike I ever rode was a little Rupp mini-bike . . . some friends had a Rupp snowmobile dealership and ended up with one.

First one I bought was a Honda CB 350

Back