Favor please: bad vibration rear - 2020 R3R

So, my front tire got replaced with a new one yesterday. The vibration stayed (80-100km/h). Do you guys think that it can be caused by the rear tire?
4 Torquex2: I have 4 weights on the left side of the back rim, nothing on the right side (dunno, but it seems suspicious to me :-D )
My personal experience is either tire can be an issue. Up until now (my first flat on a tire I wish I didn't have to replace) I have always changed both. As for the weights, having on just one side is normal. I normally have 3 or 4 in the rear.
-MIG

So, my front tire got replaced with a new one yesterday. The vibration stayed (80-100km/h). Do you guys think that it can be caused by the rear tire?
4 Torquex2: I have 4 weights on the left side of the back rim, nothing on the right side (dunno, but it seems suspicious to me :-D )
When I pull the clutch lever in, the vibration disappears. A wheel would still vibrate with or without the engine engaged to the drive assembly. My wheels have no weights. I was suspicious of that myself at first. However others tell me they have no weights as well, and are without issues. Thx for thinking about it though 👍

If the vibration disappears with the the clutch pulled in, I'd check the clutch assembly especially the basket. If you are in neutral with the clutch out, does it still vibrate? By stating the vibration disappears with clutch lever pulled in, eliminates wheels, final drive, driveshaft etc etc etc. If it is in the clutch area, the vibration would increase with engine rpms also with the clutch engaged.

The problem is different then, my bike vibrates even when I pull the clutch in, so that's why I'm suspicious about the rear wheel, especially with the weights just on the left side.

The problem is different then, my bike vibrates even when I pull the clutch in, so that's why I'm suspicious about the rear wheel, especially with the weights just on the left side.
So I still vibrates just coasting without power to the drive shaft?

So I still vibrates just coasting without power to the drive shaft?
Yes, it's not exactly a vibration though, hard to describe. It's like a super-mini tank slapper, handlebars are oscillating left-right around the steering axis, if you know what I mean.

Yes, it's not exactly a vibration though, hard to describe. It's like a super-mini tank slapper, handlebars are oscillating left-right around the steering axis, if you know what I mean.
That’s different from my problem. My bike feels straddling a 2500cc vibrator. Any gals out there interested in a slightly used R3r? I’m serious. This bike aims to please 😏.

That’s different from my problem. My bike feels straddling a 2500cc vibrator. Any gals out there interested in a slightly used R3r? I’m serious. This bike aims to please 😏.
Yeah, seems like completely different cause of the problem. Well, the last thing that can cause mine is the rear wheel, we'll see. They will look on it, just when the weather will be warmer, it's too cold now for test ride by a mechanic to see actually what the bike does.
Anyway, does anyone else have a strange "clang" noise while engine braking or briefly while changing gears? Sounds like two metal rods striking against each other, probably those exhaust covers clapping against each other or something like that 😁

Yeah, seems like completely different cause of the problem. Well, the last thing that can cause mine is the rear wheel, we'll see. They will look on it, just when the weather will be warmer, it's too cold now for test ride by a mechanic to see actually what the bike does.
Anyway, does anyone else have a strange "clang" noise while engine braking or briefly while changing gears? Sounds like two metal rods striking against each other, probably those exhaust covers clapping against each other or something like that 😁
Oh super. Yet another problem with this thing to look forward to😬

Oh super. Yet another problem with this thing to look forward to😬
Don't worry, my bike does it from the start, and the dealer is suggesting it's nothing to be worried about. According to them, a lot of Rockets does some sounds like this, because every machine is a little bit different and those covers on the exhaust system do this kind of stuff sometimes. Funny, huh? 🤣

Back