Extra Baffles for Jardine Rumblers?

CvSisinthehouse

Supercharged
I havent installed my Jardine Rumblers with baffles but fear they will be too loud for my taste. The place I bought them from says Jardine doesnt make any extra baffles I can add. Has anyone found or made some? By the way, 2 too loud is better than 3 too quiet. Thanks for the input.

Jardine DOES make 'quiet' baffles for the rumblers. You can contact them directly through their web site. The quiet baffles never wear out as well. I have not purchased them yet, but do intend to soon. The Jardine rep I talked with through e-mail said the quiet baffle were $35.00 a piece. The regular baffles were less, but they do wear out over time. Mine our pretty wore out right now...

Landing Page

Also, they do seem really loud when you first put them on. But once you ride over to a local bike night, you will realize it's not that loud.. :)

In bought a Jardine full system for my touring, is that different from the rumblers? I was kind of surprised there were no baffles included, they are a bit too loud for serious touring.

Jardines

There is a baffle built in those rumblers for the Rocket Touring..I have them on my 08.They were way too loud for me and I had an exhaust shop build me a set of exhaust augers for my pipes.The stock baffles were hard to get out as they are wedged forward to the curve of the pipe...I had to use a block and sledge hammer to get them out while in a vice.After one year plus,I rewrapped the stock baffles,removed the exhaust augers and they are fine and rumble again...I also ground down the cone in the front of the baffle so that it can be removed easily when/if I wish to re-install the augers.Any custom exhaust shop can build the augers and I had mine done @Stans Headers here in Auburn,Wa.

You can sight right through mine, like a straight pipe, I saw no baffles.

Harry is right..they are only wrapped on the side of the insert..I re-wrapped mine with exhaust wrap and quieted mine down considerable..My suggestion is to install and ride..you may be more tolerable than me..buy some good earplugs and enjoy the sound.Too loud and I can sell you my Augers(stainless steel and slip right inside the pipes)I paid $300 new..price will be negotiable if interested..but install yours and see if you like it.Mine were wrapped only 12 inches and after re-wrap the full 16 inches are wrapped...perhaps Jardine failed to wrap them enough and I got the short wrap??Maybe Not??Either way,I am pleased now!

I guess I will just see how loud these things are then probably get something made custom to lower the db's if they are too loud. Thanks for the input.

If ya want a toned down version,
you can get some baffles from bigcitythunder.com
I recommend the QQ ones.
they give a nice tone to a thumpin' beast.
Not too quiet, but a better tone.
noticably quieter than wide open,
but still louder than most harleys.

Skip is right on..reasonable priced and similar to my custom baffles...wished I had known about this company before hand(always that way..cheaper after I spend my money!)

Back