Ride
2006 Triumph Rocket III Classic
Just looking for some input. Any experiences with or opinions of exhaust wrap? I have an ‘06 classic with carpenter racing exhaust and the burn is just too much. I’ve seen the posts about wearing protective pads but I’m tired of the scorch marks on my jeans and I don’t want another piece of equipment to suit up in when I go riding. What to use? How it held up? Or just say screw it and go get the header ceramic coated?

I also have the sidewinder I looked for shielding that I thought would work didn't see any that I though looked good so I went the wrap route. This 6 piece pipe is no picnic to wrap took couple days. But in the end I like the bobber rough look. After my commute to work the first day with them 40miles I put the Flir tester to it the wrap was reading somewhere in the 500 deg area not "cold" lol but I can't feel the heat at all unless I'm at a light and even then it's no warmer than the sun on ur face in August. I used the DEI wrap with the DEI silicone spray. Not too many Rockets in my neck of the woods let me tell you she turns some heads it pretty funny to watch! 🚀
20210501_091530.jpg

Last edited:
I also have the sidewinder I looked for shielding that I thought would work didn't see any that I though looked good so I went the wrap route. This 6 piece pipe is no picnic to wrap took couple days. But in the end I like the bobber rough look. After my commute to work the first day with them 40miles I put the Flir tester to it the wrap was reading somewhere in the 500 deg area not "cold" lol but I can't feel the heat at all unless I'm at a light and even then it's no warmer than the sun on ur face in August. I used the DEI wrap with the DEI silicone spray. Not too many Rockets in my neck of the woods let me tell you she turns some heads it pretty funny to watch! 🚀
20210501_091530.jpg
Wow. Just...wow. I have the regular carpenter, I can’t imagine how tough wrapping that one would be. Looks great!

Back