maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
Can those with the newer r3 verify a slight rattle when you tap the black part of top exhaust, right side? Bottom one quiet. Don't know if it's normal. Wouldn't know how to tighten as no visible bolts. Thanks!

There is a small slide in fitting on the heat shield over the two outlets. If its coming from there it could be a simple fix. If you remove the hex head bolt the whole shield slides forward and off...its a pain in the butt getting it back on tho be warned.

There is a small slide in fitting on the heat shield over the two outlets. If its coming from there it could be a simple fix. If you remove the hex head bolt the whole shield slides forward and off...its a pain in the butt getting it back on tho be warned.
I will take a look later today.
Why did you remove yours, rattle?
Also, does it need immediate attention as I possibly would have dealer take care of it when I need tires later. No sound riding when helmet off, seems really small movement. Imperceptible if not tapping it. Thanks!

After looking at it, I think it is normal, nothing wrong. I could not move the heat guard back and forth. It only makes a metal to metal sound if you tap it.
Think I will leave it unless someone says theirs make no such sound when they tap it.

After looking at it, I think it is normal, nothing wrong. I could not move the heat guard back and forth. It only makes a metal to metal sound if you tap it.
Think I will leave it unless someone says theirs make no such sound when they tap it.
My GT had a rattle/vibrating noise and it turned out to be the little tabs that slide into the muffler. Those tabs have to be seated into the rubber sleeves
when putting them back on. NOT EASY to put them on by sliding without pushing the rubber sleeves out of place.. A little silicone spray helped.
Rattle gone..

My GT had a rattle/vibrating noise and it turned out to be the little tabs that slide into the muffler. Those tabs have to be seated into the rubber sleeves
when putting them back on. NOT EASY to put them on by sliding without pushing the rubber sleeves out of place.. A little silicone spray helped.
Rattle gone..
Ahhh! Thank you for that. How do you get the black piece, heat shield, off? Push it one way or another?

Ahhh! Thank you for that. How do you get the black piece, heat shield, off? Push it one way or another?
The heat shield on the muffler slides into the tabs once the screw is removed. My shields were never installed correctly from the factory.
Once the rubber sleeves have a little silcone spray on them, its easier to slip the metal tab into the sleeve without pushing it out of place.
Took me about 10 mins to get it right.. noise disappeared when done.. I hope i never have to remove that shield again.

The heat shield on the muffler slides into the tabs once the screw is removed. My shields were never installed correctly from the factory.
Once the rubber sleeves have a little silcone spray on them, its easier to slip the metal tab into the sleeve without pushing it out of place.
Took me about 10 mins to get it right.. noise disappeared when done.. I hope i never have to remove that shield again.
Will take ex a look for this screw of which you speak shortly. Cannot see screw scv so one must feel it and get a wrench on it I assume.

Back