Possibly something loose inside the muffler itself..??
It appears the black strip just slightly hits muffler when I tap it. Maybe there is missing piece between them.
Leaving it as no sound running. Next time in dealer for something will ask them.

Can those with the newer r3 verify a slight rattle when you tap the black part of top exhaust, right side? Bottom one quiet. Don't know if it's normal. Wouldn't know how to tighten as no visible bolts. Thanks!
Hi i have an exhaust manifold rattle only when cold , told the dealer doesnt effect performance everything appears to be tight no gases escaping strange.

Hi i have an exhaust manifold rattle only when cold , told the dealer doesnt effect performance everything appears to be tight no gases escaping strange.

when cold take the palm of your hand and bump the exhaust can u hear noise?
if u have an exhaust leak it will make a noise (especially when u get after it) when cold then go away when it gets hot

I rode with Eskimo pie once and his newer than mine bike does the same. Thinking it's normal.
just done this easy mod looks so much better bracket off ebay £14.50

Attachments

• 20210921_202341.jpg
    20210921_202341.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210921_202353.jpg
    20210921_202353.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210922_133216[1].jpg
    20210922_133216[1].jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210922_133206[1].jpg
    20210922_133206[1].jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 25
  • s-l1600 (32).jpg
    s-l1600 (32).jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 24
  • s-l500.png
    s-l500.png
    349.6 KB · Views: 25
its all goes tight when warm
Had the same rattle/tinny sound on my 2020 GT. It turned out to be the stainless shield with the single bolt holding it on.
That shield was never installed properly at the factory. There are rubber tab sleeves on the inner side of that shield. They have to be
engaged into the metal tabs welded to the muffler. Mine werent, and the vibration was bad. Took me 15 mins to get those rubber slots
lined up with the metal tabs on the inside of the shield as u cant see what your doing during the install. Once i got it right, the vibration
tinny sound disappeared. I knew it was that shield because when i took it completely off, the vibration also stopped.
When it warms up, it does get quieter for some reason. Maybe metal expansion???

Had the same rattle/tinny sound on my 2020 GT. It turned out to be the stainless shield with the single bolt holding it on.
That shield was never installed properly at the factory. There are rubber tab sleeves on the inner side of that shield. They have to be
engaged into the metal tabs welded to the muffler. Mine werent, and the vibration was bad. Took me 15 mins to get those rubber slots
lined up with the metal tabs on the inside of the shield as u cant see what your doing during the install. Once i got it right, the vibration
tinny sound disappeared. I knew it was that shield because when i took it completely off, the vibration also stopped.
When it warms up, it does get quieter for some reason. Maybe metal expansion???
I took the shield off when i first got the bike its definitely the manifold moving where manifold meet exhaust possibly a gasket missing or been pushed in too far ? yeah those rubbers are a pig to line up i've been looking at bug bike for sound and looks here's the link i found .

I do like the look of that. Seems like an odd place to post it though. I'd suggest starting a new thread for it. I'm sure you'd get lots of interest and questions.
Hi i know but can not find how to post a new thread me being thick but as theres not much on this kind of mod yet thought you might be interested as there are or is only one company doing this it was easy too !

Back