Exhaust Popping with aftermarket mufflers..

Discussion in 'Rocket Performance' started by Toystoretom, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Toystoretom

ToystoretomLiving Legend

United States
    Featured Threads:
    When we were out riding the other day with Pig9r and his 2006 Rocket he pointed someting out. He has the cat by pass and Mad Doggies and yet his bike wasn't popping out the exhaust like the 2005's do. No Power Commander or Tune Boy. Has anyone else with a 2006 and an aftermarket exhaust experienced this? Did Triumph do something to the ECM to correct this? I think he is running the same 2005* tune we all are.

Very Strange indeed......

2. VioTater

VioTater.020 Over

Featured Threads:
    A lot of the times , well most of the times Air leaks cause the popping you hear, I had a friend buy a set of TORs and the dealer ( Who is a complete retard and thats not being fair to the retards out there) spent hours trying to tune my friends bike with now luck. a few hours and some high temp silicone and no more popping

3. JUNE04R3OWNERUK

JUNE04R3OWNERUK.020 Over

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    If all else fails try the 12 minute tune - instructions are in the workshop manual

4. CaptDavMan

CaptDavMan.020 Over

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    I've got the 2006, single K&N, TOR's and left the CAT in place. No popping or backfiring even under the hardest decel.

5. Hondax

HondaxModerator

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Body:West Central Missouri, Mind: Yes I are.
    I've always been told factory bikes pop, you just don't hear it cuz the sound gets lost in the baffles, catalytic converter, and/or muffler, until you alter the exhaust or something gets out of wack.:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice