Every boys dream - their own Rocket

rocket1964

Standard Bore
Hi all

Pick up a 2009 Rocket Classic tomorrow, one owner, 1900 miles, 15 months warranty left. The bike is minted. The only issue was the handlebar grips looked a bit worn and frayed. The dealer who i have dealt with for years and trust is going to replace them. I think the previous owner must have had quite a grip.

My blog link will tell you more about me
Honda VFR1200F

Anything I should know or watch out for.

I like that blood and bone color. Looks great in the sun.

Enjoy your new toy.

Depending on the type of riding that you do will direct the recommendations your way.

Well what can I say, a fantastic bike, amazing. My partner loved the back, it is fast but it is also capable of be very civilized.

I thought I was going to miss my VTX1300, especially the V-Twin sound but the rocket has its on unique sound.

Well chuffed.

I did mention on the technical section that at low speeds i sometimes hear a sound almost like i am scraping the pegs but i'am not, its fainter than that.

Its not the rattle sound that was the doom of death, this bike is a 2009 with under 2000 miles. I don't even think it is an engine sound.

I will figure ut out and i am not worried about it, I still have 14 months warranty and the bike is running really well, just curious if anyone might know what it is. It is maybe just a Triumph like sound. My partner thought it was in the driveshaft side area.

My dealer is going to organise a trip to the Hinkly factory, always wanted to see it. Now I am a Triumph man i feel duty bound to visit. Its only a few hundred miles from where I live.

Another Fifer we are taking over this site, congrats on the new(kinda) bike i have had mine five years now and it has been a great bike.
Born and raised in Glenrothes left for the States after the 84-85 miners strike come back every wee while:D

Welcome to the site from Afghanistan. You have a great idea of the trip to Hinckley. I am going on R&R in August and on the way back I am trying to get a couple of days in London and I may try to squeeze in a trip there.

Ride safe.

Dennis

Thanks for the replies, i think i might have gotten to the bottom of the noise, there was a screw missing from the driveshaft side exhaust shield. I pointed it out when i bought it and the dealer is ordering a replacement, also new grips and a plastic clip for the mudguard. Going to put a temp screw in, i think this is vibrating at low speeds.

I hope that get's rid of the noise for you. Just found out that there are no factory tours in Hinckley till maybe October...so I guess that little outing is out.

Dennis

75 dtg Dubai
76 dtg Home

Back