Ever stand er' up?

I have had the front wheel come up several times. Usually in first gear from a stop I'll gun it trying to break the back tire loose and it will hook up launching the front wheel. I never have had the nads to try to keep it up and shift through the gears. Never have tried 'clutching' it either. With a passenger on the back the front wheel comes up very, very easily. I (or should I say my wife) found that out the hard way.

wilbur-t said:
Oops, don't tell BanjoBart that.....

I've been lucky this year, not even a close call on the bike. Interestingly, besides Bart, my best friends Ed and Carol, the folks who introduced Amy and I over 20 some years ago and whom with I have biked with since I was 16 had an accident the week after they visited us here in Deerfield. They were on their way to York to the HD Factory Tour. Ed is the pres of the NE Ohio HOG Chapter and they both have Softail Classics. Well, Carol was getting off the PA Pike on the off ramp and lost hers at about 20 per and broke her shoulder and split the ball socket on her left side. It required 16 stainless pins and a plate and she's facing a year of painful PT to regain the use of her arm. She's in her 60's, they are a little older than I am, not much.

My only close call this year was an idiot talking on a cell phone that pulled in front of my big rig about 150 feet out and me going 57. I anticipated the move (thank goodness for Dana Corps Defensive Driver School), put the air brake pedal about through the firewall and missed him by (I honestly don't know as he had disappeared beneath the hood) inches??. That would have been vehicular homicide, something I don't need. Driving is a serious business whether on a bike, in a car or SUV or driving a truck. It's a privilege and needs undivided attention. Things that most drivers take for granted.

"I've never tried it on mine though I have explored the top speed thing, but because you have a drive shaft and "bevel box" as the Hinkley boys like to call it you should be able to control the loft in the front end and produce soft landings with a little practice. etc"

This is "Flip-stein's theory of Wheelie-tivity". Good analogy SideCar. I've been waiting days to respond to your comments but have been beside the wife at the hospital since Tuesday morn.

See ya guys.

Rusty:

In as much as we all seem to entertain each oither with personality, anything serious and if it is, good luck. We are all there with you.

Flip-stein's theory on Wheelie-tivity........Teepee full of Sh*t.:D

Interestingly, Mike Sellman refers to me as Flipstein too.

Back