Even though it's dirty............

Sexy bike, love the extra black we got from triumph this year.

Speaking of dirty...

Had the rain run-off from my car port land all over my bike last night. Nasty, white salty disgusting spots all over it. Chrome, powder coated parts, engine, flat paint, seat, controls, everything covered in nasty spots. I grabbed some Harley Denim cleaner, their flat black, and it works ok on the paint/powdercoat/engine. Tried everything I can think of, but the exhaust has water spots that will NOT come off, now baked on after riding today.

Any suggestions?!

PS: I am absolutely not one to have a polished bike 24/7, usually there is a healthy coat of life on my bikes. The vile water spots just look terrible and I dont want them to become "set" where they never come off the flat paint/chrome.

Sexy bike, love the extra black we got from triumph this year.

Speaking of dirty...

Had the rain run-off from my car port land all over my bike last night. Nasty, white salty disgusting spots all over it. Chrome, powder coated parts, engine, flat paint, seat, controls, everything covered in nasty spots. I grabbed some Harley Denim cleaner, their flat black, and it works ok on the paint/powdercoat/engine. Tried everything I can think of, but the exhaust has water spots that will NOT come off, now baked on after riding today.

Any suggestions?!

PS: I am absolutely not one to have a polished bike 24/7, usually there is a healthy coat of life on my bikes. The vile water spots just look terrible and I dont want them to become "set" where they never come off the flat paint/chrome.
Mate over here we have this stuff called "Bright Shine" it's a metal polish infused into a cotton wadding, works a treat.

In general, the misses did not accept that it is both my toy, my commuter and my lounge chair in the living room. She did give though when I told her the Rocket and Tona were coming inside if the approaching Hurricane makes landfall. So at least when they will be in danger they can be safe :p

Nice ride!
We have similar stuff called Never Dull - I've used it for 50 years!
Where is your oil filter cover?

bike cover .. if all you have is a carport .. parking it in the lounge room is out I suppose :sneaky:
I do use a cover at work as the cement plant down the road throws out a good deal of dust, bike got dirty from road grime due to rain last Monday, roads were covered in crap and slippery as it hadnt rained for ages.

Back