Even After All These Years

britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
On Thanksgiving Eve I had a number of small errands to run and the weather was **** nice for November here in downtown Virginia. I started to take the truck but headed for garage and uncovered the Rocket 3. I will have to admit, it had been sitting for at least three weeks to a month, but fired right up (of course after a quick wipe down.) It is a 2005 that I bought new and it is hard to believe the bike is now 15 years old. I strapped on my backpack, hit the grocery store, drive though for an RX, and the auto parts store for some plugs. Before coming home I had racked up 50 miles just taking the long way home using a few choice back roads. During the run I received numerous thumbs up from car passengers and really just enjoyed the "Old Fat Bottom Girl" for what she is, a **** fun ride. Through the years it has crossed my mind to sell the bike just for the lack of use, but I always decide it would be a big mistake. I am pretty sure it will stay with me till the big dirt nap rolls around. If all goes well in few more years I will be bolting on antique plates to match its antique owner.

Attachments

• DSC02909.JPG
    DSC02909.JPG
    368.4 KB · Views: 20
On Thanksgiving Eve I had a number of small errands to run and the weather was **** nice for November here in downtown Virginia. I started to take the truck but headed for garage and uncovered the Rocket 3. I will have to admit, it had been sitting for at least three weeks to a month, but fired right up (of course after a quick wipe down.) It is a 2005 that I bought new and it is hard to believe the bike is now 15 years old. I strapped on my backpack, hit the grocery store, drive though for an RX, and the auto parts store for some plugs. Before coming home I had racked up 50 miles just taking the long way home using a few choice back roads. During the run I received numerous thumbs up from car passengers and really just enjoyed the "Old Fat Bottom Girl" for what she is, a **** fun ride. Through the years it has crossed my mind to sell the bike just for the lack of use, but I always decide it would be a big mistake. I am pretty sure it will stay with me till the big dirt nap rolls around. If all goes well in few more years I will be bolting on antique plates to match its antique owner.
Got my 05 out today for a quick emergency call at the local tavern just to make sure masks were on and social distancing rules were being followed. It was all good.

Back