maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
After a nice ride I stopped about 20 minutes from home to clean bike. After getting back on engine light showed. I pulled over, did walk around as bike idled, no leaking, no change in sound. Turned bike off. Checked oil, full.
Drove home, at lights trying to tell if radiator fan turned on. Not real hot out, let it idle about a minute at home, fan did not come on. Might be normal.
On dash under temperature top right is white circle with check mark in it, symbol close by which I assume is temperature of coolant symbol, not sure.
Any ideas? I have the scanner device and tunecu. Hooking up will maybe give a code?

Update: just cycled through and found coolant temp tray, it's ok.

Last edited:
I had a sudden check engine light recently (morning of leaving for a 3 day trip of course) despite the bike running perfectly.
Dealer cleared the code & bike ran flawlessly for the 3 day trip.

Oxygen sensor was replaced soon after as a precaution under warranty. Code was something about a mismatch between temperature/fueling readings between two points - sorry, don't remember the specific code.

FWIW, in my experience the radiator fan rarely comes on, even in slow moving traffic on hot days & the temp gauge remains very stable.

Problem solved! User error. When cleaning butterfly off of underside of clutch, plastic clip with 2 prongs came out. I put it back, but cycle knew and gave code p070, clutch circuit. Used scanner to erase code, started bike and engine light off.

Back