Engine guards? Triumph or Rivco?

lonsomecrow

.040 Over
I am planning to buy new strong engine guards. I currently have the old Triumph one but they seem to be weak. So I am confused to buy from trioumph or rivco. Cost wise both are same and I heard that Triumph's new guards are improved and much stronger? Any suggestions?

-Ride Safe,
cRow

Rivco. Although I hear the newer OEM bars are better then the previous renditions, it is my understanding that the Rivco's, although smaller in diameter, will actually do something more than just buckle under stress.

I'm not experienced with the rivco ones, but I do know that when I bought the NEW triumph ones I was very impressed, very sturdy, and better welds and deeper chrome then the ld ones. felt more substantial too, and no flex when I use my highway pegs like the old ones.

the older version had welded on tabs at the end of the bars to mount, the newer ones have a gusseted mount welded on the end thats 100% better, definitly worth a look at if you cna find a set to see

the older ones were kinda flimsy thats for sure,

The new Triumph ones are still butter soft.... I bent one a while back after just brushing against a 4x4's tyre.( They were parked in a car park with the wheel turned at full lock & I was filtering thru a gap, misjudged the crash bar:???:) This was probably at like 2-3mph & it just bent back to the gear changer nice & easy. They ARE stronger then the originals, they would bend in a stiff breeze!!!:eek3: but Rivco bars are seriously strong. Just a pain to fit is all.

Rivco. You can install yourself. 40 MPH, hit a dog, bike slid 90 feet on left engine guard. On asphalt. damage limited to bar end engine guard and left silincer. No other damage to bike. I was impressed, after the cast and the bandages came off and i got the stiches out. RIVCO has my vote.

i have the triumph bars, updated version, they seem strong enough, you can put them on by yourself, dropped my bike oneday they held up just fine not even a scratch , as for being in a crash dont know what they will do, hope i dont find out, but im sure that would be the least of my worries if in a wreck.

Back