Encountered another Rocket in the wild today

There's heaps around here in NZ.
I ride with Triumph Riders Motorcycle Club (TRMCC)
There can be up six Rockets on a run some times.

One time Andrew and I was out riding and pulled into "Muddy Waters" Tavern at Mercer, two Rockets sitting there, ours made four.

20181229_164513.jpg
The Rocket is the Ford Zephyr of the 'Noughties' in NZ then heh!;):D

Also the water is much dirtier and more polluted than it used to be. I like Old Man’s beach much better for surfing

Grew up surfing. fond memoirs. When i joined the Navy in 1986 was looking forward to surfing the East Coast. Big disappointment. Folks where surfing little one to two foot waves. Nothing like Southern California. One Winter at seal beach the waves were breaking huge. Over the rock jettie and then some. Washing up in the parking lot. With about 20 guys drooling the life guards finally sayed enter at your own risk. No sets at all very random. Caught a hugh one just right. Good friend was not so lucky. He came on late and ended up in the hospital with broken ribs. At the hospital after they fixed him up all he could talk about was how great i got the wave. Back then we eat sleeped and worked to surf. Learned on a longboard. Later on when the short boards became popular switched. One of these days plan on hitting one more time. Even at 61 with bad knees and bad reflexes figure it would be fun.

Back