Encountered another Rocket in the wild today

Plow Horse

Supercharged
Ride
2017 Rocket III Roadster (Edsel)
I went to the car wash to wash my bike this morning. After wiping it off I decided to take a short ride up the PCH to dry her off. Just went up a few miles to Huntington Beach and turned around had to stop at a red light there was a pack of cyclists waiting for the light to turn green. The lead cyclist looks over and gives me a and says that’s a Rocket. Yep I says and add “Rockets rule”, the light turned green, I twisted the throttle a bit more than usual to give him a bit of a show. I look in the rear view and see a motorcycle coming up from behind me real fast. Triumph emblem on fender and two red stripes (Holy S***) another Rocket. We rode together for a couple miles then pulled into the local Ducati dealer and chatted for about 45 minutes. What a HOOT.

Last edited:
Only seen one a couple of years ago and it was right in my neighborhood. Flat black with white stripes same as mine. Other than that I do not ever remember spotting another rocket outside of a dealership.

Around my area Rockets are as common as muck, I know at one time five Rockets were playing around here in Fort Walton Beach, a few years ago I went over to the local HD shop -came out and two other Rockets were parked right next to mine:eek: boy was I pissed a whole bloody parking area and they squeeze in beside me.:banghead:

Do they still surf Huntington beach around the pier? Spent many a hour there. :):):):):):):):)
Oh yes, they’re usually stacked like chord wood waiting to catch that next wave. Even when the surf is flat calm they floating on their boards waiting for that wave

That is good to hear. Even after 40 plus years i guess some things don't change.:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: Some of the best times spent was waiting for the set.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Around my area Rockets are as common as muck, I know at one time five Rockets were playing around here in Fort Walton Beach, a few years ago I went over to the local HD shop -came out and two other Rockets were parked right next to mine:eek: boy was I pissed a whole bloody parking area and they squeeze in beside me.:banghead:
There are none in my area. Had a guy looking at my Roadster and said you don't see many Triumphs around. I said especially these, i think I'm the only one around here with one. He said I see a red and black one all the time. I laughed and said that's mine. Then he said I saw a blue one around a few times
I said that's mine too. :D

I've only encountered two randomly that I recall, but interestingly there were 3 in the small rural town of about 1000 people I live in, in NY. One guy has passed away now, the other is a younger guy that has something like 3000 miles in the 4 years he's owned it.

There's heaps around here in NZ.
I ride with Triumph Riders Motorcycle Club (TRMCC)
There can be up six Rockets on a run some times.

One time Andrew and I was out riding and pulled into "Muddy Waters" Tavern at Mercer, two Rockets sitting there, ours made four.

20181229_164513.jpg

Back