Electrical Gremlins Part 4

Well my old 05 decided to give me the middle finger yesterday and refused to start after a bit of a ride yesterday. Fortunately I was in my driveway and fiddled with the rock back and forth till it decided to spin back to life but this problem seems to be getting worse every time it happens. So I've been finding this thread very informative and hopefully setting me off in the right direction. Questions will follow I'm sure.

Well my new $35 dollar battery that I've had on a battery tender for months just came in handy. Went out this morning pulled the old battery put it on a 10 amp charger and saw it was very low and wasn't charging as it should. Stuck in the new battery problem solved?? We'll see.😀

After cleaning all terminals well with emery cloth and contact cleaner along with putting in the new battery it seems I've cured the dreaded click. Now I'm going to get a load test on the old battery just to rule out that it was nothing more than battery post crud build up.

After cleaning all terminals well with emery cloth and contact cleaner along with putting in the new battery it seems I've cured the dreaded click. Now I'm going to get a load test on the old battery just to rule out that it was nothing more than battery post crud build up.
I forgot I cleaned and shined the old battery up with....

Attachments

• furniture-polish-lemon.jpg
    furniture-polish-lemon.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 11
Is it fixed? If so, what part fixed it?

JR
Maybe it's been fixed now.

Back