ECU and Bluetooth module update (BT. Finally!)

gadget_ho

Supercharged
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3R
So on my annual service a few weeks ago, the dealer told me they reflashed the ECU with a new version from Triumph, and also did a firmware upgrade to the Bluetooth module. They said they weren't sure if the ECU flash altered the throttle maps so I should ride it and see whether it was less responsive and I may have to put the tune back. Yes, my dealer is cool with it.
They said they didn't know what the upgrade for the BT module fixed, but I just hoped it fixed the crappy call quality I had been getting.

Finally got to take it out today (it's been diabolical weather here lately) and bottom line, the ECU update did not seem to alter the maps from what I can tell, it still seemed savage when I gave it the beans from down low.

As for the BT module, in the past it played music without any dramas, the track skipping etc worked fine and I could make and receive calls. But at any speed beyond a snails pace (like above 40km/hr) the call quality went to trash. I had tried a bunch of things, and recently turned off most of the "cool" features on the Sena like HD voice, noise cancellation etc hoping to fix it. Now since changing the Sena settings, I don't recall testing it, but I made a call today doing ~80km/hr and it was perfect. The missus told me she couldn't tell I was actually on the bike, so that was high praise. I am guessing a combination of changes to the headset and an upgrade to the module played into it, figured anyone having issues with theirs might want to visit their dealer and try an upgrade. Oh, and try disabling some of the more proprietary features on your headset as well! Good luck.

Back