Triple Trouble

The Duk of death
Orchard Beach. Ont. Canada , London England
Ride
'05 Rocket III '73 Norton Commando 65 Norton Atlas
I've finally got the details ironed out for a fork upgrade. This info is courtesy of Wayne Tripp and I'm just passing along the information. The first is a very simple spacer which is placed under the spring and helps control the damping. You need to cut the top pre-load tube by the same amount as the spacer length. The second variation should be self explanatory. Following is from Wayne:

"We have since machined a few "spacers" that tighten up the clearances on the bottoming cone piston a bit more than just using thick walled tubing. This improves the dampening even more. NO, I do not want to make more, but the details are below.

1.) Easy and cheap - 1.5 in. OD tubing, .200 wall thickness, 1.575 in long.
OR,
2.) Machined for closer clearances - 1.522 OD, .955 ID, 1.575 long. - add .125 in wide by .050 deep slot along outside.

Place on top of bottoming cone (underneath spring), and cut 1.575 inches from pre-load tube above spring. Cut less if more pre-load is desired. If using Progressive springs, you will need to cut for the pre-load in addition to what Progressive recommends for the spring used.

-Wayne"

Not yet but it's in the plans before the snow goes. When I first talked to Wayne about this he said there is a rough bend near his shop that could be negotiated at about 15 mph because of the bumpiness and after the plain spacers were installed it was possible to go 30 mph. If this works maybe you can get both knees down?

I wll have to contact Wayne and see if I can get more difinitive information as this sounds a lot cheaper the the traxion dynamics route. I doubt I would know how to adjust the dampening of the traxion dynamics right anyway. Of course Todd has had them for quite a while and might have some pointers for me.

Back