Easy driving light install

MileEater

.040 Over
Hi,

It's been a while since I posted so...

A ways back I bought some really cheap auxiliary lights for my Rocket. For a year I had them mounted to my Rivco crash bars. I was never very happy with the look or function.

These were about the cheapest lights I could get at the local auto parts place.

One comment on cheap lights. When it comes to the H3 bulb you get what you pay for. The cheap bulbs don't stand up to the vibration they get on a motorcycle... the replacement bulbs cost more than the lights but they don't fail after the first hour.

I made a very simple bracket from some aluminium stock bought at the local hardware store. That with some longer screws was all I needed.

They have been on for a couple of months. Seems to work very well. I do plan to replace these lights with something a little better in the near future. Probably some of the new high power LEDs.

btw: If you look carefully you'll see that my screen has been mounted using more of the same aluminium stock. Just four pieces each with two holes. I can adjust the angle of my screen by loosening the screws. I made at least six sets of these before I was happy with the results. [I bought all the screen stuff off eBay. I got everything except the main brackets so I had to make these bits.]

Cheers
Roy

Attachments

• IMG_1162-s.JPG
    IMG_1162-s.JPG
    258.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1163-s.JPG
    IMG_1163-s.JPG
    201.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1164-s.JPG
    IMG_1164-s.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1165-s.JPG
    IMG_1165-s.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 63
That is pretty ****ed ingenious. I like that a lot. :thumbsup:

It's a new spin for auxiliary lights; rather than the small round ones that are so commonly mounted.

Like to see some large KC Hilites mounted in the same fashion. All the light anyone would EVAH need...

can you take a frontal pic of your Rocket?

Back