Eastern Beaver headlight kit question

Rhode Warrior

Supercharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III
Hi guys. Last Sunday I picked up a like new 2005 Rocket with only 2,500 miles on it. After lurking here for a couple of days and reading up I think the first thing I'd like to do is install the headlight kit to prevent any problems with my ignition. I'm looking at the kit below (first kit pictures in the link) and was wondering whether or not to buy the kit that connects to the battery or fuse panel? Any feedback?

Also my bike idles too low. I'm going to try to fix it by adjusting the set screw.

I'm really enjoying the torque of this bike. I've wanted one since they first came out.

Link Removed

Here's mine:

Depends on where you want to hook up. I went with the battery hookup. I also went with the lo-beam cut-off option (to start without lights and tune the ECU without a battery drain). Welcome to the forum. Nice looking bike (reminds me of me).:cool:

The idle isn't fixed like carbureted bikes. You can set that using a OBDII and TuneECU software. (if memory serves).

That is the kit I installed and it was easy, works good. I did tap into the old harness to power the little 12v bulbs. As far as the idle, ...I would not be adjusting any screws, a lot of electronic crap there and you probably will be doing more damage that you think. What do you call low?? Do the 12 min tune.

That is the kit I installed and it was easy, works good. I did tap into the old harness to power the little 12v bulbs. As far as the idle, ...I would not be adjusting any screws, a lot of electronic crap there and you probably will be doing more damage that you think. What do you call low?? Do the 12 min tune.

It's around 500-600 and seems like it wants to stall.

What's the 12 min tune?

Start the bike and run it (at idle) until the air fan kicks on (takes about 12 minutes). then shut it off. The ECU resets the adaptives at temperature. Your idle may go up. Also do you feel like the bike is 'surging' when just putting around? That's indicative of synchronization is off (which is set by that little screw you may want to stay away from).

1.​
Ensure the engine is cold.
2. WITHOUT TOUCHING THE THROTILE, start the
engine and allow it to warm up until the cooling fan
comes on.

3. Leave the engine to idle for a further 12 minutes.

Start the bike and run it (at idle) until the air fan kicks on (takes about 12 minutes). then shut it off. The ECU resets the adaptives at temperature. Your idle may go up. Also do you feel like the bike is 'surging' when just putting around? That's indicative of synchronization is off (which is set by that little screw you may want to stay away from).

Thanks, I'll give that a try first. There's no surging at low speeds, just the low idle.

1.​
Ensure the engine is cold.

2. WITHOUT TOUCHING THE THROTILE, start the
engine and allow it to warm up until the cooling fan
comes on.
3. Leave the engine to idle for a further 12 minutes.

Can I start it right up after that to check it or should I leave it off for a while?

Back