gwilliams290

Supercharged
Just wanted to tell folks about a good experience I had in Fayetteville, Arkansas. I have an 06 Classic with a turbo. I knew when I bought her that she wasn't quite right. It had been one of the early turbos from Boostisgood & had early "equipment". After lots of discussion with Bryan at Boostisgood I replaced the turbo "hub" with one from Power Commander and had the ECU "reflashed". Now she needed some dyno time to dial in the air flow.

I live in Springdale, AR in the NW corner of Arkansas and the nearest Triumph dealers are in Little Rock, Ar (4 Hours) and Tulsa, OK (2 hours). I have been using Kinetic Playground, a great cycle shop in Tulsa, but still 2 hours away.

After checking with several shops in NW Arkansas I was directed to Bill at Happy Trails Motorcycle Connection in Fayetteville. He almost exclusively works on Harleys but was intrigued with a Rocket and more so when he heard it had a turbo.
I scheduled a time and we spent 4 hours of pretty intense time getting her closer to right than she has been in a long time.

Results: When first tested: 168 HP at the rear wheel
170 ft lbs of torque
After tuning: 192 HP
208 ft lbs of torque

Bill says his dyno is "tight" and generally records about 5-10% low. If I want to stroke my ego that's around 200-210 HP & 220-225 ft lbs of torque. Bryan verifies those to be good numbers and Bill wants to hunt for more HP & torque another time.

Bill did a great job & I wanted to let folks know!!

Attachments

• Dyno Run.pdf
    23.9 KB · Views: 87
Very Nice!!!!!! I just want to open up the touring a little for some better response. Dont need all that 200hp!!! :D Glad to see you found someone competent....about the hardest part when dealing with some of the more complicated things!

mutt

Back