Don't do this (another kickstand)

When I was young(er) and silly - OK, even sillier - I used to like to kick down the side stand as the bike was already starting to lean over. Very cool, I thought. Except for one morning when I was parking at the bike shop where I was working at the time. I didn’t quite get my foot on the side stand and it only went half way down and sprung back up. Bike was already leaning and past the dreaded point of no return. My efforts to save it only manager to rev the crap out of the bike, which drew everyone out of the shop and worse, the workshop. When you’re in sales you’re a constant target for the mechanics. Still living it down years later.

When I was young(er) and silly - OK, even sillier - I used to like to kick down the side stand as the bike was already starting to lean over. Very cool, I thought. Except for one morning when I was parking at the bike shop where I was working at the time. I didn’t quite get my foot on the side stand and it only went half way down and sprung back up. Bike was already leaning and past the dreaded point of no return. My efforts to save it only manager to rev the crap out of the bike, which drew everyone out of the shop and worse, the workshop. When you’re in sales you’re a constant target for the mechanics. Still living it down years later.

But it makes a nice story to tell to guys that understand.

Back