Don't do this (another kickstand)

One of the perks of rural living, my bikes go months, even years, without the key being taken out of the ignition. Even local stores or bars, the idea that someone would steal your motorcycle is pretty far fetched, in both NY and Florida, at least where I live. Helmet hung on mirror, gloves on triple tree.
Even with a privacy gate I wouldn't leave a key in my bike much less leave the Rocket outside parked in the driveway over night. People from Sacramento love to cruise out to the far burbs to see what they can steal. They want what you have except for the 'work for it' part. It's getting worse by the day even in the so called "nicer areas." Must be nice to trust people. I have forgotten how living in California.

Dropped a bike going backwards down a ramp when the kickstand hit the side rail. i.e. Careful leaving the thing down when you are on the bike and just moving it around.

i tend to leave mine down when backing out. i figure cuts my odds of dropping it 50%. lol

Harley riding friend of mine took off forgetting to put his kickstand up. After going about 50 ft. He went to turn left. Well I don't have to tell you in what happened. Now that he's out of the hospital he thinks it great you can't do the same on a Rocket. I can't believe Harleys don't have a side stand switch especially for a $30000 bike.
Ouch! In every sense of the word!

Back