Do you have a gun in your House? A must read.

My bad for posting this.

What We Believe, Part 5: Gun Rights - YouTube You brought up a valid point, next thing you know they'll be asking us if we wear helmets for protection...;)

Ice-T Defends Gun Rights: "The Last Form Of Defense Against Tyranny" - YouTube

Here's another interesting thought why has the government ordered so much ammo hollow points at that. If it was for target practice i'd understand. Any gun owner will tell you they don't practice with hollow points unless they have money to burn. .38 and .45 acp regular bullets are costing about 50 cents each these days. Even Walmart ammo is getting pricey.As long as We the people are getting weeeded on i'll stay lock and loaded..JMO

1.4 Billion Hollow Point Bullets for Homeland Security;civil unrest?Government - YouTube

I would not dought if it's real. I received an Email the other day regarding Snoops.com. In the article it stated that Snoops is funded in part by George Soros. If you know who he is,,,,don't use or BELIEVE anything you read on Snoops!

Years ago when I was active L/E, I went into my first visit with a new young female doctor from another country. I can't remember where she was from. But I was wearing my off duty pistol. I "discreetly" took it off and put it under my jacket before she came into the examination room.

Some how she got wind of it and was all pissed off. I know this for fact, because one of the nurses in her office was married to a co worker of my wife. I basically told my wife to tell her co worker to relay to his wife, I will be changing doctors and she can F,,, Off! ;)

When I go in for my annual physical, the first thing they do is have you stop in the hallway to get weighed. The nurse at my doc's office doesn't even bat an eye when I set my wallet, keys, cell phone and pistol on the counter next to the scale so that all that stuff doesn't get added to my body weight.:cool:

It seems that, for some time now, pediatricians have been encouraged (I think by their professional organizations) to ask parents if they keep a loaded gun in the house. Most folks I know who have been asked that wisely decline to answer.

When I go in for my annual physical, the first thing they do is have you stop in the hallway to get weighed. The nurse at my doc's office doesn't even bat an eye when I set my wallet, keys, cell phone and pistol on the counter next to the scale so that all that stuff doesn't get added to my body weight.:cool:

It seems that, for some time now, pediatricians have been encouraged (I think by their professional organizations) to ask parents if they keep a loaded gun in the house. Most folks I know who have been asked that wisely decline to answer.

WOW! :eek:

I'm surprised the nurse does not ***** about it! Texas must be different. You do that here and they would ask you to leave or call the cops! Even though my doctor knows what I did for a living for most of my life. I've carried a gun every where I go since 1977. If the doctors or who ever does not like it, screw them!

The only place I can't carry my weapon now that I'm retired is in court on personal matters, or a school, or a federal building, or a post office, Etc. I still carry in the post office and I don't go to schools or federal buildings and such. ;)

People ask me why. Well it's not that I expect to see someone I've arrested, as I live a long way from where I worked. And I look a lot older than when I worked the street. (Wow did I just admit to that?!) Most knew why they were going to jail anyway and were treated with respect. Unless they were an ass hole to me. :rolleyes: It's because I don't want to be a "sheep for the shearing" when the nut case comes into the movie theater I'm at, or the coffee shop I'm eating at, Etc.!! They may shoot me dead, but I will have gone down fighting! ;)

I asked the daughter today about having to ask patients about a gun in their house.
She said "no they've never told her to ask and she never has asked a patient about a gun".
Guess since it's Oklahoma, and most everybody carries,
they figure why ask an obvious question.

"I would not dought if it's real. I received an Email the other day regarding Snoops.com. In the article it stated that Snoops is funded in part by George Soris. If you know who he is,,,,don't use or BELIEVE anything you read on Snoops!"

urbanlegends.com reports of this "claim" from an email circulating back in 2008.
So, maybe not so current info you are receiving.

their analysis:
"It apparently never occurred to this anonymous emailer to cite even one actual instance of Snopes.com promulgating "half-truths" or "lies" under the guise of providing reliable information. So much for credibility (the email's, I mean).

It's doubly ironic that such a scurrilous attack should be mounted against the oldest and most respected fact-checking site on the Internet at the denouement of an election year (2008) marked from beginning to end by unrestrained smear-mongering, much of which it fell to Snopes.com to debunk.

CLAIM: Snopes.com is 'owned by a flaming liberal' with a partisan bias.
First off, it's clear that whoever wrote this piece made it up as they went along. Anyone who has spent even a few minutes browsing Snopes.com knows that the website is owned by two people, not one. They are husband and wife David and Barbara Mikkelson of southern California. This is stated on the website and has been common knowledge for quite some time.

Second, the charge of partisanship is laid without evidence. At no time have the Mikkelsons publicly stated a political preference or affiliation, or expressed support for any particular party or candidate.

Moreover, Barbara Mikkelson is a Canadian citizen, and as such cannot vote in U.S. elections or contribute to political campaigns. In a statement to FactCheck.org, David Mikkelson said his "sole involvement in politics" is voting on election day. In 2000 he registered as a Republican, documents provided to FactCheck.org show, and in 2008 Mikkelson didn't declare a party affiliation at all. Says Mikkelson: "I've never joined a party, worked for a campaign, or donated money to a candidate" (source: FactCheck.org).

Anyone who claims proof to the contrary needs to come out with it.

A NOTE ON GEORGE SOROS: A later variant of this rumor alleges, without evidence, that Snopes.com is financed by liberal philanthropist and hedge fund tycoon George Soros. This is false. The website is entirely self-supporting through advertising sales.

"I would not dought if it's real. I received an Email the other day regarding Snoops.com. In the article it stated that Snoops is funded in part by George Soris. If you know who he is,,,,don't use or BELIEVE anything you read on Snoops!"

urbanlegends.com reports of this "claim" from an email circulating back in 2008.
So, maybe not so current info you are receiving.

their analysis:
"It apparently never occurred to this anonymous emailer to cite even one actual instance of Snopes.com promulgating "half-truths" or "lies" under the guise of providing reliable information. So much for credibility (the email's, I mean).

It's doubly ironic that such a scurrilous attack should be mounted against the oldest and most respected fact-checking site on the Internet at the denouement of an election year (2008) marked from beginning to end by unrestrained smear-mongering, much of which it fell to Snopes.com to debunk.

CLAIM: Snopes.com is 'owned by a flaming liberal' with a partisan bias.
First off, it's clear that whoever wrote this piece made it up as they went along. Anyone who has spent even a few minutes browsing Snopes.com knows that the website is owned by two people, not one. They are husband and wife David and Barbara Mikkelson of southern California. This is stated on the website and has been common knowledge for quite some time.

Second, the charge of partisanship is laid without evidence. At no time have the Mikkelsons publicly stated a political preference or affiliation, or expressed support for any particular party or candidate.

Moreover, Barbara Mikkelson is a Canadian citizen, and as such cannot vote in U.S. elections or contribute to political campaigns. In a statement to FactCheck.org, David Mikkelson said his "sole involvement in politics" is voting on election day. In 2000 he registered as a Republican, documents provided to FactCheck.org show, and in 2008 Mikkelson didn't declare a party affiliation at all. Says Mikkelson: "I've never joined a party, worked for a campaign, or donated money to a candidate" (source: FactCheck.org).

Anyone who claims proof to the contrary needs to come out with it.

A NOTE ON GEORGE SOROS: A later variant of this rumor alleges, without evidence, that Snopes.com is financed by liberal philanthropist and hedge fund tycoon George Soros. This is false. The website is entirely self-supporting through advertising sales.

I believe about 1% of what I read on the Internet. If that. If Soros is not involved that is good. But then again, is urban myths or what ever it's called believable also? There is sooo much BS on the net that quite frankly I have started deleting all forwarded Emails. I'm tired of reading them.

This claim about the hollow point ammo is most likely BS. They don't need hollow point ammunition to kill us if they want to. Full jacketed rounds will do just fine! But with the liberal leaders in our wonderful presidents team, I would not bet on anything.

The whole thing is a joke. Quite frankly I'm way tired of all the political advertising, news, phone calls Etc. It really does not matter who gets in as president, as congress will stay locked up and still get nothing done. The politicians are all rich elitists and if you think they care about you,, I have some ocean front property for you also!:rolleyes:

I went in to see my Chiropractor the other day and took my vest off before getting on the table. My Doctor put her hand out to take my jacket. I guess she noticed it felt a little heavy and asked if my vest was loaded. I said yes, Her response was "I never leave home without mine either."

Back