Kievit

Rocket on wheels
Ride
Triumph Rocket touring stripped/customized '11
Rocket friends..i'm in need resolving a mysterie! last year i helped a friend changing the detent spring of his rocket. ..........Big succes!

Yesterday i tried to help another rocket friend with the same problem. This friend was able to drive to my house with frequently falling out of gears..but......still working gears.
We were glad to discover the cause..a broken detent-spring. Just like i did before with my other rocket friend i put in a new one. However......the bike refuses to shift at all. It's stuck in first gear. Clutch is working perfectly but gearbox seems to be blocked.

We can only think of the new mounted detent-spring broken again??? without even shifting once?? Another aspect of the mystery is the fact that shifting was possible for my friend on his way to my garage this morning. His at that time already broken detent-spring did not block all gears, only cause dropping out once in a while. We both experienced " a what the F moment".

Anyone's got a brilliant idea about this ghost gearboxproblem? (before we open it up once again)

No good deed goes unpunished!
Did you get all of the old spring out?
The shifter is solid, not sloppy?

Problem solved!
Most of us know the rocket has a three piece spring-system. Further inspection made it clear my mistake was lifting the very tiny lifter-spring out of its propper place without beeing aware of it. It probably happened while putting the new detent spring in it's place. It's a very fragile thin part that's crucial for shifting up and down

Back