Destinations / must see roads and stops

In the West:
-Hit Arizona devil's highway, old route 666, one of the best motorcycling roads in the country. Low volume traffic, good pavement, highly technical and very long fun road, 40 miles +. Go fast but pay attention to 15mph signs... they're pretty spot on in those areas. I actually had to stop and collect myself on this road, it's mentally quite taxing to haul ass on.
-Highway 12, via Painted Canyon in Southern Utah, again, phenomenal road. High elevation change, smooth road, wide 2 lane, great sweepers, light traffic. Probably the best vistas I've seen in the whole country.
- Mt. Lemon in AZ. Be careful towards the top, always cops, ridiculously good road, go early AM to avoid rubberneck lookyloos. A ridiculously fun lower 1/2 of the mountain, Dragon-like left-right-left-etc transitions through portions with long 180 bends in the road around the switch backs.
- Anything in Cuyamaca State Park or Palomar Mountain, mhmm, amazing. Watch for ice near Palomar peak top section, amazing road, more for views than speed, too dense to go real fast on most days.

The boarder run across Texas is very long and straight but ... well, if you appreciate history, just think about crossing it on foot/horseback along that path 200 years ago. Yeah, it's boring though (first time I've ever caught myself dozing on a motorcycle was on this road...straight, empty, desolate and was hot AF).

Last edited:
So, 2 of my brothers and my dad try and get together and take a road trip every year. Had only worked out a few times. Looks we're actually going to be able to pull it off this year around Labor day. Heading south of MD and meeting up at Hungry Mothers State Park. Start throwing out any suggestions for routes/ roads/ must sees.........
We used to live in MD
The hillwood museum... close to the smithsonian and i promise it's worth a days stop
Pinkerton OH motorcycle hall of fame
about 5 hours north in ny is paul JR motorcycle museum
If you are going north.... check out Abraham Lincolns brothers estate in NH (Hildene)
Niagara falls
I could list about 30 more stops if your interested.
My wife and I do a road trip every few years... usually 5000 to 7000 miles in 2 or 3 weeks.
HD motorcycle museum in Milwaukee
We stop at any bass pro or cabellas
Mall of america..
And best for last.
If you are going though Iowa
Stop at the match stick marvels .. this guy makes things out of match sticks...

IMG_1385.jpeg
IMG_1390.jpeg

Moki Dugway and UT 95 thru Fry Canyon. We just came off a five day tour in the four corners area and these two roads are a must do and never crowded.

IMG_1385.jpeg
IMG_1390.jpeg

Moki Dugway and UT 95 thru Fry Canyon. We just came off a five day tour in the four corners area and these two roads are a must do and never crowded.
Going down that on Mufasa was a serious pucker moment... Bike that hates low RPM, heavy clutch, high idle, just a touch sketchy but glad I did it :p The view there is awesome and the road above it was pretty fun too (they had just repaved it when I passed through).

Going down that on Mufasa was a serious pucker moment... Bike that hates low RPM, heavy clutch, high idle, just a touch sketchy but glad I did it :p The view there is awesome and the road above it was pretty fun too (they had just repaved it when I passed through).
Breeze told me about that ride he did with you.

What happened with your brothers wreck if i may ask, it didn’t seem to slow youll down 😬

The Harley had a trailer that was too heavy and pushed him wide in a turn. He was riding it out in the talcum powder type dirt/sand and was bringing it back on the road when he came upon a big culvert. Dropped down and the trailer pushed him hard into the other side. Bent up the trailer hitch and upon further inspection cracked a few of the welds on the hitch. We were able to get it back on the road after a few days of taking things apart and getting them welded locally.

The Goldwing has a "sacrificial" part that mates with the drive shaft and the bevel box that ended up getting stripped out. We didn't know what the issue was on the road, so we bought the drive shaft through the bevel box as a set and then figured out what part was actually broke that night when we tore it down. He was only down for about half a day. Things fell into place perfectly. From the breakdown on the road, to the tow down about 10 miles of backroad, to the junkyard that wasn't supposed to be open but answered the phone anyway.

Back