Departure time for Friday, Sept 5th?

rusty

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone has set a time for pulling out of KC on the 5th. I'm trying to "back plan" so I know when I need to leave St. Joe to meet with the 3 of you.

I was thinking I could ride down Thursday night if someone had any accommodations form to rest my head but we'll just leave that thought flying around out there in the ozone. That day (Thursday) has some significance for the family so they may not let me get away until Friday morning anyway.

Let me know if anyone has thrown out any plans as of yet.

See ya.

Suggested ETD

Rusty ( and all Captains planning on riding to ES from K.C. on Friday, September 5th) For out of towners, send me a PM if you need directions.

FYI: My cell number is (913) 226-DAVE ( Isn't that cute?)

My thought was we'd meet a little early for a cup of Joe or whatever.

WINSTEAD'S RESTAURANT

10711 Roe Ave ( N.E. corner of I-435 and Roe Ave)
Shawnee Mission, KS 66211
(913) 649-7755

09:00 - Meet and Greet

10:00 - Kickstands Up

12:00 - Lunch in Carthage, Missouri - (Ranch House BBQ & Steaks) 2937 S Grand Ave

13:30 - Kickstands Up

15:30 -Arrive in Eureka Springs

16:00 -Check in and start the party!

Last edited:
Sounds like I'll need to hit the road (from St. Joe) around 7:30 am. I don't believe it will take 1 1/2 hours to get to Winsteads but I don't want to arrive late again (I'm starting to get a complex).

I plan on being at Winsteads "ON TIME".

See ya.

On Time.......Huh?

I'm going to contact Ripley's Believe It Or Not for this one. We might even take pictures and give away prizes.

I got a note from Chibursguy in Chicago and he was hoping to do some business here on Thursday and then ride with us. That fell through, so he's got a Harley buddy who's going to ride with him to ES. They should be there Friday for dinner at the Forest Hill Restaurant.

Dave

I think this route will work

Distance: 222.68 miles

Time: 2 hrs to Carthage
1.5 hrs for lunch
2 hrs to ES
Total 5.5 hrs

• Take ramp onto I-435 E - go 5.3 mi
  • Take exit #71A/LEE'S SUMMIT/GRAND VIEW onto US-71 S - go 138.1 mi
  • Take the SPRINGFIELD exit onto I-44 E - go 8.1 mi
  • Take exit #26/REEDS/SARCOXIE - go 0.2 mi
  • Turn Right on STATE HIGHWAY 37(MO-37) - go 0.5 mi
  • Turn Left on MO-37 - go 2.3 mi
  • Turn Right on MO-37 - go 51.2 mi
  • Continue on ARKANSAS 37(AR-37) - go 0.5 mi
  • Bear Left on E US-62(US-62) - go 5.1 mi
  • Continue to follow US-62 - go 10.9 mi
  • Arrive at 546 W VAN BUREN, EUREKA SPRINGS, on the Left

Last edited:
Looks like I'm tagging along for this one. I will try to leave Lincoln @ 6:00 AM Friday. This should get me to Winstead's at 9:00, if I can find the place and don't get lost in KC (its happened before!). I've got my brand new gel filled sheepskin pad for my butt, and brand new bonafide genuine Triumph highway pegs and I'm anxious to try 'em out!! :D

This sounds like a plan, I'm open for anything. I guess I could meet up with Brian and we can scoot over to Winsteads?

Back