Come Along For The Ride

I'll respond to myself

You KC boys missed out on a great day to ride......especially with me as your wingman. Took 87th West which turns into old K-10. North from Eudora on Wyandotte street to K-32 West. Took it to the North side of Lawrence.

Of course, food is always involved if I'm on the ride. Stopped to eat at the bank I used to use when I was a KU student. It's now a restaurant and bar on the N.E. corner of 8th and Massachusetts. It's called Tellers and great menu and wine list. This is a "Hoot"..... the old bank vault with heavy steel door is still there only it's the bathrooms now!

Came back to Overland Park, recharged the phone and headed to one of my local haunts. One of my favorite bartenders was just getting off work and heard I'd been in Lawrence. "Have you tried this great Italian place called Pisanos"? "No", I replied. She then went on and on about the Fettuccine Alfredo. Well, you guessed it....... hope on the R3 and back to Lawrence.

Fantastic smells as I walked into the place. Food was equally good. If anyone's ever in that neck of the woods....... it's just a few blocks South of 23rd and Iowa (59 Highway)
on the West side of the street . You'll see the sign by the street, but the restaurant is on the side of the strip mall with the front door facing South.

Just thought I'd let you know.

The Gourmet PM

Back