Thanks everyone, I've ordered it and it's on its way. I'll be using it on the t-bird first as it is sitting in the stable with the engine management light on so I'm curious as to the code. If I like the software I'll buy another licence for the Rocket.

One licence should be good for all the vehicles.

I thought I'd read that a newer version of TuneECU does bleed ABS brakes.

I was going to buy this because the Explorer can not have TuneECU due to locked ECU on the Explorer, but one of TEX Forum guys has written up a free version ( just have to buy a certain cable different to TuneECU cable) of it just for the 800 Tiger and 1200 Tiger Explorers, with DealerTool you do have to buy extra licence for additional bikes as each licence is registered for one bike only similar to TuneBoy, additional licences (key) are only cheap so worth it. From what I have read DealerTool support is very good and it works well with all triumphs, in my opinion apart from the windows version not having ABS Bleed tool the TuneECU would be all an R3 owner would need

One licence should be good for all the vehicles.

Hanso is correct.. the software comes with a one ecu licence.. extra licence is only 24 pounds. If i like the software I may purchase the unlimited licence 199 pounds. That said if you purchase the first licence and cable for 54 pounds they will deduct that from the unlimited version. I have to say, every email I have sent to the folks at dealertool with respect to pre purchase questions, I had a response within 24 hrs...can't expect more than that.

If I understand correctly Tune ECU doesn't work with a 2016 thunderbird LT...I don't have to say correct me if I'm wrong because someone will...lol. As I read the tune ecu website. dealertool is supposed to work with all Triumph models. I love doing my own repairs and maintenance, I don't mod my bikes too much with respect to performance other than the basics, exhaust and air filters. The ability to blend the ABS is also a nice feature... you just can't change the system MAP.

Back