Darth Vader Beckons...

Thanks for the great info RR3...I would like to try the avons...just went to the rocky mt site and they quoted me a price of $281 delivered to my zip code for the rear tire. I have never PM'd a fellow captain and looked all over this site to see how but nothing showed itself. -Doug
A few ways:

1,/ Right Click on the member's name in their avatar, when the small screen pops up on yours, click on 'Start a conversation' and then add any other members' names you want in the conversation, enter your message Title and message. Then press 'Start a Conversation' button at lower left of screen and presto.

2./ The other way is to go straight to 'Conversations' - click on the middle envelope button top Right of any forum page and enter members' names you want and follow above.

You can edit your PM for 15 minutes after starting it if you spot a mistake etc.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great info RR3...I would like to try the avons...just went to the rocky mt site and they quoted me a price of $281 delivered to my zip code for the rear tire. I have never PM'd a fellow captain and looked all over this site to see how but nothing showed itself. -Doug

That is a good price from RM ATV go for it. The Rear tire has a list price about $386. I'll send you a PM.

Last edited:
Love the "Dunce cap" comment olebull!!! It would appear that I am not to be fitted for said cap this go-around as I have managed to get my local dealer to work with me on getting a tire other than a metzler. As it turns out, when I dug deeper into the so-called great deals from Rocky Mt. ATV they, like J&C cycles indeed DO NOT ship single tires to Alaska. They would gladly ship tires to Alaska if i bought say, 100 of them! My local purveyor of British bikes sold me an excedra-max rear for $285...a far cry from a metzler for $445

Thanks ISRUB for the tutorial on the PM process...I may do a bit of contacting of Captains this August as I am retiring from Librarianship after 25 years and will be flying to NH to pick up my 1999 Valkyrie and driving back to Alaska across the states to the west and then up the highway to Alaska. Though I will not be on my Rocket, perhaps some sympathy will be afforded me and the requisite hospitality extended! I will never give up on my Rocket of course and may ride it down to the states for 2019 RAA, but after owning my beloved British steel for 5 years now I have figured out it is wise to have a second, back-up steed in the old barn. Thanks again for all the sage advice...Doug

Love the "Dunce cap" comment olebull!!! It would appear that I am not to be fitted for said cap this go-around as I have managed to get my local dealer to work with me on getting a tire other than a metzler. As it turns out, when I dug deeper into the so-called great deals from Rocky Mt. ATV they, like J&C cycles indeed DO NOT ship single tires to Alaska. They would gladly ship tires to Alaska if i bought say, 100 of them! My local purveyor of British bikes sold me an excedra-max rear for $285...a far cry from a metzler for $445

Thanks ISRUB for the tutorial on the PM process...I may do a bit of contacting of Captains this August as I am retiring from Librarianship after 25 years and will be flying to NH to pick up my 1999 Valkyrie and driving back to Alaska across the states to the west and then up the highway to Alaska. Though I will not be on my Rocket, perhaps some sympathy will be afforded me and the requisite hospitality extended! I will never give up on my Rocket of course and may ride it down to the states for 2019 RAA, but after owning my beloved British steel for 5 years now I have figured out it is wise to have a second, back-up steed in the old barn. Thanks again for all the sage advice...Doug

Glad you understood as on re-reading I think it got a bit garbled.;):eek::D

Just fixed it for clarification.
A few ways:

1,/ Right Click on the member's name in their avatar, when the small screen pops up on yours, click on 'Start a conversation' and then add any other members' names you want in the conversation, enter your message Title and message. Then press 'Start a Conversation' button at lower left of screen and presto.

2./ The other way is to go straight to 'Conversations' - click on the middle envelope button top Right of any forum page and enter members' names you want and follow above.

You can edit your PM for 15 minutes after starting it if you spot a mistake etc.

Back