Darth Vader Beckons...

Douglas

"Ardbeg Man"
Ride
2010 Rocket Roadster with Jardines 2006 Kawasaki Concours
....And I struggle to resist the "Dark Side." Here in Alaska the resources for obtaining a 240 tire seem to be getting fewer and fewer and now after spending hours looking through "The tire" books at various shops I see that some of the usual manufactures have stopped offering rear tires for my 2010 Roadster.

My one and only Triumph dealer will only sell me a Metzler...I have gone through a number of those and typically get 6-8k which means one a year....wanting to be ready for the road I was getting ready to buy one when the lovely parts gal mentioned they had gone up in price...they are getting $440.00 dollars for a rear metzler!! (I thought she was quoting me a price for a front and rear) I really don't want to run a CT but boy they don't make it easy to resist. Not asking for advice, just needing to rant a bit. Thanks, I feel better, sort of!!!

There in lies the rub...shipping to this neck of the woods can be an adventure in itself. I did find a website that will ship me a tire for fifty bucks but I haven't pulled the trigger yet, and I am expecting the possibility that when I do I will get the old "Sorry, we don't ship to you're neck of the woods" Thanks Claviger for identifying my malady...now i am off to my boss to ask for the day off as i have "MSSS!" LOL

JRock...."Luke, take this mask off my face, so that I may see you with thine own eyes"

Nice looking tire...not sold on DS yet...but being a man of sound mind and body, I try to keep and open mind and may be swayed!!!

Q: If I join the DS is there a secret handshake, a badge perhaps or a cool patch?

According to legend, you get a cookie.
and much better rear wheel braking.
and lousy low speed handling

Avon Cobra is the tire for performance handling and I over 10,000 miles on the rear and over 12,000 on the front. Rocky Mountain ATV has the best price. Call them to see if they would ship to Alaska.

BTW I have a set of new rear tire and a new front tire I got from them in my garage. The front is the slightly undersized 140/75R17 which greatly increase cornering handling. Been running one for several years and love it. If you are interested I could sell them to you and ship them to you. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Bill.

Thanks for the great info RR3...I would like to try the avons...just went to the rocky mt site and they quoted me a price of $281 delivered to my zip code for the rear tire. I have never PM'd a fellow captain and looked all over this site to see how but nothing showed itself. -Doug

That’s not all that bad considering the dealers price on the Metzler.

The Emax is a good bit cheaper yet, and is better in cold wet weather.

Back