D&D and other exhaust questions

pastorfreak

Supercharged
We might have discussed this before but I cant find the thread, if someone puts the D&D Exhaust on a Rocket I am reading that you do not need to by the CAT bypass is this true for those who use the D&D's? Also are the mufflers removable and can you maybe put another style muffler on them, say a Vance and Hines or a Hooker Header slip on muffler?

Freak

You do not need the cat bypass for the D&D's. As far as removeable mufflers I would say not, however some that has them (Hondax) could offer a concrete answer.

We might have discussed this before but I cant find the thread, if someone puts the D&D Exhaust on a Rocket I am reading that you do not need to by the CAT bypass is this true for those who use the D&D's? Also are the mufflers removable and can you maybe put another style muffler on them, say a Vance and Hines or a Hooker Header slip on muffler?
Freak

You can use the D & D's with the cat box as a direct bolt on. For that same reason, the after market slip-ons are not going to work without modification. You have nothing to "slip" the slip-ons onto! You could take your stock pipes, cut off the cans and modify them (dependant on pipe diameters.) to accept a slip-on. But the bigger question, is why do you want to swap out to after market pipes but keep the cat box in place... seems to me that you won't get much out of that arrangement, sound or performance wise.

I do not want to keep the CAT box in place that is what I was asking by putting D&D's on can the CAT removed, or do they require that the CAT Box remain, I guess I wasnt real clear?

Freak

I do not want to keep the CAT box in place that is what I was asking by putting D&D's on can the CAT removed, or do they require that the CAT Box remain, I guess I wasnt real clear?

Freak

My D & D were on the bike when I bought it. However, the silencers(hardy har har) are clamped on so you could remove them but it would look stupid.
Raymond Braswell may know more, if more is required to be known.

Back