Custom engine guards....

kent1121

.020 Over
Anyone know a company other than Rivco or Triumph that makes engine guards for our bike? I was looking to get some like Lindby makes that have integrated highfootrests in them for the road. I also, figure it will help widen the bars enough to actually protect the foot boards and linkages if it tips.

Thanks for the tip Sidecar....I'll check it out and see what I can find. So far the local custom shops and metal shops are all in the 600-800 dollar range for a custom made set and some are more if I chrome them....

Thanks for the tip Sidecar....I'll check it out and see what I can find. So far the local custom shops and metal shops are all in the 600-800 dollar range for a custom made set and some are more if I chrome them....

You have about 70 bucks in materials on the high side. It's the fabrication that costs, plus I'd say they figured their time and doubled it. No flat rate manual applies to that kind of stuff.

What I'd do, if you want a wider bar, would be to buy a set of Rivco's and remove the mounts. Rivco's mounts are well engineered (they do need a bit of tweaking with a die grinder to achieve a perfect fit, however). Remove the Rivco mounts and find a shop with a tube bender that will handle schedule 80 DOM tubing (Drawn over Mandrel). Have them custom bend the bars and weld the bars to the Rivco mounts and then chrome them. A 12 foot length of 0.875 or 1.00 Schedule 80 DOM costs about 30 bucks, more than you'll need.

You should be able to do that in the 400 dollar range.

Back