Cruise control install

Sammyarchrat

Standard Bore
Has any one out there installed the Audiovox cruise control unit on your R3? Three questions I have for any one who has one up and running. There is a grey and a black wire coming off the control switch box. ( of course there are several other colored wires also, but I know where those go) Does any one know where the black and grey wires hook?

There is a back and a grey wire coming out of the servo but, those connect to the the vehicle speed sensor.

My second question is regarding the VSS wire. There are three wires coming out of the VSS on my bike. ( These wires may change color from year to year...? ) On my R3 these wires are pink/yellow, Black/white, and solid pink. Can you tell me which of these wires I should connect the grey wire from the servo to? I'm sure one is a ground but that gives me a 50/50 chance of getting the right one.

Thirdly ( Since I didn't have addequate info on the R3 sensors/wiring when attempting to install I have triggered something in the ECU and now the engine light is on. I wonder what horrible thing that means (do I want to know?) :cry: Have I trashed my ECU? Can I go to my Triumph dealer and get it reset? I have a power commander. Did unhooking my battery wipe out my custom programming and could that be the reason the light is on? (if so at least I have it backed up)

Thanks! :?: :?: :? :?

cruise continued

Not sure what you mean by "checking the stickies". I have had little "success" in that the engine check light went out and the cruise control green power indicator comes on. The two mystery wires ( black and grey ) coming out of the control pad which the instruction manual never refers to, the black one is a ground for the switch pad. The grey one remains a mystery. I figure if I can figure that one out, the thing may actually work. Honker informed me that connecting the VSS is unnecessary so thats unhooked now. :D :cry: :D :cry: :D :evil: :D
I think I'm becoming manic depressive.

more cruise stuff

YYYYYYEEEEESSSSS ! IT LIVES !!!!! Success @ last! The mystery wires I mentioned not shown in the Audio vox manual are a switch ground(black) and power to the switch illumination not the power indicator. (grey)

After talkin' to Honker and getting the VSS info and then hookin up the black switch wire to ground. It may have been working but, I also had to make some servo cable modifications.

I'm very glad the unit itself works because I modified the servo cable to eliminate excess cable so it could be hidden without breaking their minimum 4" radius bend rule. If the unit had been defective I'm sure I'd have been stuck with it.

Bein's I'm a newbe on this web site thing I'm not sure I can figure it out but I will try to post pics and diagrams of my somewhat different install method.
:shock: :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back