Could it be true?

Not terribly bad looking, but it is a Triumph and until it is proven they can build a gearbox to manage the power and weight they are going for, I am not interested.

I've not seen it mentioned, but if they are in fact going after the Diavel crowd, they have about $3k USD wiggle room before they hit the cost of the lowest Diavel and almost $10K before they hit XDiavel S territory. If they raise prices above $16k, most people will go with the Ducati nameplate over Triumph. Only those of us with triumph nostalgic memories truly care to make that distinction when prices are relatively the same... and they already lost me.

Spoke to a sales manager in Triumph Hinckley today, have the conversation recorded but probably unethical to post it.

I can quote;

"Unfortunately there's nothing confirmed at the moment, what you've seen is probably a CONCEPT shot"

"What I can say is it is NOT in next year's model line up...other than that, I'm limited as I'm sure you'll appreciate in what I can and can't say, regarding any future development, but it CERTAINLY won't be a model for next year.

Whether it will be in the future, well, it's watch this space. That's all I can say"

"If we are going to do something, what I can say is you will know, you will see something if we are, early part of next year"

So my conclusion is they have a concept and prototype, seem to be getting a feel of the market, and will decide, possibly early next year, if they are going to actually go ahead with it or not.
But they definitely have something going on with a new model Rocket.

If they do go ahead with it, I hope it really is a proper new model, not a "factory custom" with the same engine. For years we were strung along on a new Toyota Supra (20 years after they ceased production), it was gonna be better looking than the previous mark IV and with a bigger engine, faster, better handling than the Nissan GTR....
Now it finally came about, it's a rebadged BMW Z4 bore, slower and less pretty than the 90s Supra model...

Last edited:
Apart from all the excitement have you guys considered the price? I’m guessing it will be made for the Hipster/Poser market at around £20k+ and everything you want will be an accessory amounting to another £2-3k. Us old fa*rts are on the way out. It’s not our money and potential custom they’re after just personal lease plans at so much a month. Easy come, easy go. Not real enthusiasts.

Doubt if they’ll make Touring versions as the market won’t be there for both bikes. Don’t forget emissions and development costs might not even let it come to fruition.

Apart from all the excitement have you guys considered the price? I’m guessing it will be made for the Hipster/Poser market at around £20k+ and everything you want will be an accessory amounting to another £2-3k. Us old fa*rts are on the way out. It’s not our money and potential custom they’re after just personal lease plans at so much a month. Easy come, easy go. Not real enthusiasts.

Doubt if they’ll make Touring versions as the market won’t be there for both bikes. Don’t forget emissions and development costs might not even let it come to fruition.

That's why I went ahead and bought an '18. I'm guessing the '20 will have full OLED touchscreen panel, cruise, power modes, traction control, etc. etc., and cost 2-3x what the old model did. Or worse yet be a limited production 'custom' model that they only make a few of and sell for $50K+.

Ew, Metzelers. I have one less boner now...
20180920_114311.jpg

My thoughts ecactly.

Back