Corbin Rumble Seat

Akita Man

.040 Over
Has anyone installed the flip up style Corbin Rumble seat? I am wondering how much room it affords the passanger.

Is the painted strip on the back able to be color matched from Corbin?

How do you like the look the Corbin web site only shows the seat not the whole bike.

I have one on mine and although it's very firm it suits me well, the wife says she has plenty of room and she can do long journey's without too much trouble. The later ones have an improved backrest angle, and with some work you can transfer the lock pin from your stock seat onto the corbin, that way you can use the key to unlock the seat instead of corbins stupid fastening system...

I had one, and I will have to say that not only did my wife hated it, and my then 7 year old daughter (now 9) didn't like to ride on it either and she LOVES to ride. After only a short ride, the squared edges were pushing into their thighs. My wife is rather tall at 5'11", but not a heavy weight at all.. and my daughter, well she was 7.. so, she probably weighed 50 lbs?

Glad to here from R34ME that his does fine with it though, it is a nice looking seat and a great concept.

Last edited:
R34ME...how large is the seating surface for the passenger? I called Corbin...I can't get an answer out of them. Is it as larger than the stock passenger portion of the classic seat? I've had a similar model on a 94 BMW and the wife loved that one. This one looks much smaller for the passenger...possibly it is because the bike is much bigger.

R34ME...how large is the seating surface for the passenger? I called Corbin...I can't get an answer out of them. Is it as larger than the stock passenger portion of the classic seat? I've had a similar model on a 94 BMW and the wife loved that one. This one looks much smaller for the passenger...possibly it is because the bike is much bigger.

The passenger seat base is 210 wide by 230 from the backrest forward, not sure how this compares to stock rear pad as mine's in a box up in the loft. Just got back from a 3 hr jaunt with missus on the back the only thing she complains about is sliding around but she did have leather pants on ? she also commented that she felt the corner angles seemed steeper than my old 955i speed triple hahaha dont know about that, although I did scrape the outside of my boot on one right hander fair effort with the raask rear sets, also gave it a handfull from a set of lights the front came up as I hooked second she thought I was showing off :D I said it just happened.....;)

That is a huge help. Thanks much! My wife starts with the kidney punches when I loop the front end. I did learn the punching stops at 110 mph.

Back