RocketmanBristol

Supercharged
Ride
2004 Rocket 3
As above, anyone have a spare or know if I can use a standard Rocket one they look very different in the pics I,ve seen plus the Triumph part is riveted to the base my Corbin base just has a hole where the pin should be.

As above, anyone have a spare or know if I can use a standard Rocket one they look very different in the pics I,ve seen plus the Triumph part is riveted to the base my Corbin base just has a hole where the pin should be.

My fast gun came with a misaligned pin.
Sending it back twice did not fix the problem.

I bought a spare seat for the pin (very expensive but didn't want to ruin my stock seat)
I carefully drilled out the rivets.
The corbin pin is molded into the pan so I had to rip out the bad pin.
I didn't actually rip it out. I tried to force the second fixed seat they sent me on and it got stuck on,
so I had to pull the seat off which ripped the pin out of the base pan.

I epoxyed the hole flat, sanded it smooth, spaced the stock pin 1/2 inch or so with washers
and screwed it to the seat pan.

I used plumber's putty to make an imprint of the locking latch on the pan to position the pin.
I have to tighten the screws every month or so.

A better solution would be to bend a mounting tab, screw that to the pan and bolt the pin to the tab.

Good luck.

My fast gun came with a misaligned pin.
Sending it back twice did not fix the problem.

I bought a spare seat for the pin (very expensive but didn't want to ruin my stock seat)
I carefully drilled out the rivets.
The corbin pin is molded into the pan so I had to rip out the bad pin.
I didn't actually rip it out. I tried to force the second fixed seat they sent me on and it got stuck on,
so I had to pull the seat off which ripped the pin out of the base pan.

I epoxyed the hole flat, sanded it smooth, spaced the stock pin 1/2 inch or so with washers
and screwed it to the seat pan.

I used plumber's putty to make an imprint of the locking latch on the pan to position the pin.
I have to tighten the screws every month or so.

A better solution would be to bend a mounting tab, screw that to the pan and bolt the pin to the tab.

Good luck.
Wow that was quick lol, thanks ,I have a spare seat so could take the pin off that and adapt it to work hopefully, I,ve mailed The Corbin dealer here in the UK regards a replacement pin just waiting for a reply

Back