Cold start issue... Please help 05R3

Also so I don’t have to get it from triumph, does anyone have a part number for a o2 senor at just a regular part store?

So I clicked on the link that @Steel gave me. About half way down power-tripped stated that you can put a 1.8kw Toyota tundra starter in with lathe modifications. The modifications are not a problem. I assume that the part number that he gave is no longer any good as I can not get anything to pull up. A updated part number would be awesome if someone could provide it. Last night I was talking to my father about said solution. The conversation got slightly heated as he questioned what was stated in this conversation (he also has a R3). The bike I currently have was his and he couldn't figure out the issue but loved this particular bike. So he just parked it in his barn and let it sit for 8 years. I think it burns him up when I fix a problem that he couldn't lol. Anyway I started thinking about it. I said I know how to prove that I need this starter mod. I took my dodge diesel over to the bike and turned it off. I popped the hood and put jumper from the truck to the bike (the bike has not been started in 2 days) crossed my fingers as I hit the start button. I have never seen that rocket start that quick from a cold start. I also got to hear him say(I was wrong and you were right) lol. Thank all of you so much for the help of solving a 8 year long mystery. Its a blessing to have knowledge from other people who have been through similar troubles! I figured you all would enjoy hearing that little story!

Back