Classic English Bike?!?!?!?!?

You guys talk about these bikes like they don't exist or only in a dream. All I have to do is go to my garage and sit on one. Check out Busajacks pictures. I did finally sell one. My 67 enfield interceptor got me the 06 rocket 3. yes it was a good deal!!!!! Baxter's cycle in Iowa did the deal and I'm so happy!!!!!! I rode last knight in 30 degree 40 mph wind and the smile is still on my face from ear to ear. Tonight we still have a sever winter storm warning and the rocket is still calling me to go ride. I love brit bikes:bch:

Yea it was. It didn't have the chrome tank and fenders. I painted it the Saturn brown with all the gold flake in it. I had to make many of the odds and ends, but it would haul butt. I had bought a Norton Comando and decided to put my time in some engine work. The Norton has had some racing mods done to it. It could beat the Enfield hands down, but that's another story.

Tomo,
El Dorado Cycle had a Norton 750 Commando for sale in pretty nice shape. A customer traded it on a newer bike if memory serves. Even had a few oil drips under it.:D This was several month ago though.

Erik, I like what you wrote. Especially about the Rocket calling you......:cool:

Was that a pretty nice bike?? Maybe I'll go get it :D..............

Tomo:

Hell with buying one. We'll have Jack tell us where Erik lives and we'll drive over there with my dropdeck and I'll borrow the shoring and winch from the guy down the road and we'll take the garage, the bikes and maybe the house if it's attached.:D

If Erik has Jack's habits, he'll just sleep right through it.:bch:

Some men's (and womens) dreams are reality for others. Like Erik's bikes, I own a mint condition fully restored South Bend 9" Benchtop double tumbler quick change lathe complete with all tooling, chucks and a 3C collet closer. While that might not mean much on this forum, there are collectors out there that would literally kill for a machine like that. On the bike restoration scale, I spent 3 years restoring the machine and the TIR (total indicated runout) of the spindle is less than 0.0025 which is better than the OEM spec. My South Bend is a 1943 model, a little older than the Enfield, older than even myself.......someone is going to make out big time when I cack out.

Last edited:
Its over and all melted today..Riden tommrow and sunday..How bout that location. Can show u on google...How much Jack

I'll take bids on any of it. Yea, I have a 1927 South Bend lathe. I got it from the orginal owner. I've got a Chinese Mill too! You know when you can't buy the parts you need, you just have to make them. I do that for others too, when I have time. Jack I get 75% of what ever you get.:roll:

Flip& Tomo

Looks like we have a deal...The address is 1927 South Bend Ave .Cheyoming. Ya know them there lathes ain't no good for nutten but maken round stuff... Jack

Back