Chirps from the engine while under load

brsmits

BRB, on adventure...
Ride
2013 R3T, "Trinity"
I've tried using Google, the search here, but nothing comes up. While in gear if I give it a moderate amount of throttle a chirping that increases in volume and frequency with the speed starts up. Sounds like a belt, yet the bike is beltless.

Clutch? I don't seem to lose power, but I could be wrong. It's hard to pin down a location because it needs to be under load. Thoughts?

With those mods, especially the pods you are no longer muffling the sound of raw power being dumped into the engine. Because the chirps are so small you need a lot of them. It is the nature of the beast once you take off the stock air intake setup. I have heard rumors it could be impulses from the throttle bodies but that was long ago and the memory is somewhat fuzzy. The best thing to do is to embrace the sound and no longer worry, just consider it a normal sound.

:)

bob

I am betting you still have your secondary throttle plates. I believe the sound you hear is the air coming in around them. As I recall, people that remove them lose the chirping. I kind of like it though. I consider the crickets my pets....

Back