Chinese Adaptives

.... Mmmnn, something to consider the same Brand Name:Z-OFFROAD item on Ali-Express is not claimed to be adaptive as in the eBay listing above ....

Here is the listing by ZOffroad on AliExpress - it IS listed as adaptive and they show a little video of the adaptive operation as bars are turned

Aliexpress.com : Buy 7Inch LED Black Round Adaptive Motorcycle Headlight with Hi/Lo Beam Projector Daymaker 7" Round Headlamp for Harley from Reliable headlights headlight suppliers on Z-OFFROAD Manufacturer Direct Store

https://cloud.video.taobao.com/play/u/3160131956/p/1/e/6/t/10301/59311305.mp4

Oops should have refreshed before posting.

I just saw @DEcosse posted same above

The AliExpress 'Z-OffRoad' website seller's 7" ones have a useful video but the feature is not mentioned elsewhere in the listing besides the title! :confused::confused: and the 'eBay' Z-OffRoad seller has just used the same name for an ebay ID I guess.

Aliexpress.com : Buy 7Inch LED Black Round Adaptive Motorcycle Headlight with Hi/Lo Beam Projector Daymaker 7" Round Headlamp for Harley from Reliable headlights headlight suppliers on Z-OFFROAD Manufacturer Direct Store

https://cloud.video.taobao.com/play/u/3160131956/p/1/e/6/t/10301/59311305.mp4

I don't believe those ARE adaptives - the yellow LEDs for the "adaptive" components kinda give it away ...........
Just turn signals I believe

HTB1EP55w4uTBuNkHFNRq6A9qpXav.jpg

HTB1yuY1xfuSBuNkHFqDq6xfhVXao.jpg

Can the glass/plastic cover be removed to add some pissed off looking Halos?
If they are anywhere close to the JWSpeaker adaptives - you wont need to.

The dips on the JWS adaptive are (from others POV) bloody irritating. Sharp pinpoints of white. And of course the adaptive bits are always flickering on and off. You can see the difference between them and other lights in car paintwork. Stick'em on main and you will cause road-rage - which over there can involve lead.

With my two on dip and the two fogs - It is like a solid bar of white coming at you.

Still not comparable with a flash/blaze of summer sun off chrome or a windshield though.

Well when they rip off the technology the marketing blurb is just incidental to go along with!! :D

I did see those cheaper units too and they appear to be nothing more than coloured elements or flashers
The ones I listed at least have the semblance of being adaptive, responding to lean angle per the pics

HTB1g5jiSpXXXXbIaFXXq6xXFXXXW.jpg

- how much light they actually throw would be the big question mark (and I don't necessarily mean question as in 'questionable' - just genuinely unknown unless someone can report real info)
But the fundamental technology of using an accelerometer to detect lean and actuate the light array, seems to be there - at that point, it is quite easy to have it drive 'decent' high output LEDs vs the low cost coloured versions - and of course its not just pure lumens but the directional optics to put the light where it is useful. (but again, not hard to copy what someone else has already engineered in that regard)

As with many products, the true innovators can attract a premium price - for a while - besides, they have R & D costs to recover
Reverse engineering however is incredibly inexpensive - as is manufacturing cost in China.
So if it's a GOOD copy, it just might be a viable option for the price (if you don't mind the ethical issue)
But important to be aware of exactly what you are getting!

I recently purchased some brandname ripoff Chinese technology from Aliexpress and after i placed the order i got an email asking if i wanted the ripped off brands logo printed on it? Hilarious, gear was rubbish btw.

However my knockoff Daymakers are stunningly good better than any headlights ive ever had on a vehicle and better than my ute that has additional spotlights. At $110NZD for pair well pleased just got a 7" LED for my old T140 Bonneville from same place

All right you cheap skates I will be the first to try them out all I need is someone to send them to me.:D

Found some that should ship to you free too.

Price for a pair delivered. Slight discount for 2.
Subtotal: US $272.44 Shipping: US $0.00
Total: US $272.44

Subtotal: AU $373.58 Shipping: AU $0.00
Total: AU $373.58

LED 5.75 inch Round Motorcycle Projector Daymaker Adaptive Headlight High Low Beam for Harley Davidson on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I have sent the seller a message seeking 100% confirmation of 'adaptive' feature with image below. So when I get reply with no wiggle room I will commit too.

adaptive.jpg

Back