Chinese Adaptives

DEcosse

If it's no Scottish it's CRAP!
Ride
Triumph Daytona (Custom)
Well it didn't take them long .................

7'' LED Black Round Hi/Lo Beam Adaptive Motorcycle Headlight For Harley Davidson | eBay

5.75" 5 3/4" LED Black Round Hi/Lo Beam Adaptive Headlight For Harley Davidson | eBay

So - who's first? :D

Disclaimer - absolutely zero knowledge of actual product or seller!!!!

Not me . . . as with love making, I prefer the real thing! :eek: :roll:
Would be happy to test a pair, however . . .

7'' LED Black Round Hi/Lo Beam Adaptive Motorcycle Headlight For Harley Davidson | eBay

5.75" 5 3/4" LED Black Round Hi/Lo Beam Adaptive Headlight For Harley Davidson | eBay

Might be me...

Thanks @DEcosse now I know they are being made I'll try and track other Chinese sources.

WARNING - just cause they look like 'adaptives' don't mean they are, or it could be the seller doesn't know they are!

5.75"
US $48.60 /piece

Chinglish description and photos as the seller does not know their 'Low' from the their 'High', up from down, and maybe their arse from their elbow too.;):D

5.75" Round LED headlight Diurnal lamp LED Driving light for Harley Davidson Motorcycle Adaptive motorcycle -in Car Headlight Bulbs(LED) from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

HTB1rOEei5OYBuNjSsD4q6zSkFXak.jpg

Another Eg.
Marloo 5 3/4" Round Headlamp Harley Dyna Sportster 1200 48 883 Turn Signal Light Daymaker 5.75 Inch Projector LED Moto Headlight on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

These 7" 'Adaptives' may be just blinkers too!
7"
US $142.69 /piece
-20% 12 days left
Free Intl shipping and a US$4 coupon for first timers on Ali-Express

New 7" Motorcycle LED Projector Daymaker Adaptive Headlight 7inch LED Adaptive Headlight For BMW R NINE T 2014 2015 2016 2017 on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
HTB1EhA8FoR1BeNjy0Fmq6z0wVXaU.jpg

HTB1yuY1xfuSBuNkHFqDq6xfhVXao.jpg

HTB1IO0tlBjTBKNjSZFNq6ysFXXaB.jpg

Brand: Z-OFFROAD

Mmmnn, something to consider the same Brand Name:Z-OFFROAD item on Ali-Express is not claimed to be adaptive as in the eBay listing above but appears to be same item - maybe the Chinese sellers making listing description on AliExpress do not even know how it works or how to wire for display. Or, maybe the eBay listing is an exaggeration only discovered when fitting.

7Inch LED Black Round Adaptive Motorcycle Headlight with Hi/Lo Beam Projector Daymaker 7" Round Headlamp for Harley on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Hmmmmmm - tbh I think those Ken posted might be above board - functionally. BUT they have an illegal DOT SAE E mark so Europeans stand clear.

Nontheless I'd wait.

Now the real question....

Can the glass/plastic cover be removed to add some pissed off looking Halos?

The Halos do a hell of a lot to make you stand out in traffic.

It looks like the seller stole this text below from J.W. Speaker too, but weirdly added the 'TM' to the Brand names of the technology and dropped the ' This product was proudly made in the USA'.

On-board intelligence senses leaning angles when cornering to control light
Dynamically fills in dark areas while turning
Breakthrough improvement in visibility and safety
Plug & play solution for 7″ round (also known as PAR56) motorcycle headlight buckets
DOT & ECE dual-compliant headlight
Dual Burn™ high & beam optics for extra punch of light
ComfortLite™ high beams

J.W. Speaker 7

• Improved to feature adaptive technology with the high beam, in addition to the low beam
• On-board intelligence senses leaning angles when cornering to control light

• Dynamically fills in dark areas while turning

• Breakthrough improvement in visibility and safety

• Plug & play solution for 7" round (also known as PAR56) motorcycle headlight buckets

• DOT & ECE dual-compliant headlight

• Dual Burn high & beam optics for extra punch of light

• ComfortLite high beams

This product was proudly made in the USA

Important Product Notes
Product Specs
Bulb Type: LED

Lighting Type: LED

Manufacturer Part Number: 0555011

Sold in Units: Each

Warehouse Part Number: 1305997

Well when they rip off the technology the marketing blurb is just incidental to go along with!! :D

I did see those cheaper units too and they appear to be nothing more than coloured elements or flashers
The ones I listed at least have the semblance of being adaptive, responding to lean angle per the pics

HTB1g5jiSpXXXXbIaFXXq6xXFXXXW.jpg

- how much light they actually throw would be the big question mark (and I don't necessarily mean question as in 'questionable' - just genuinely unknown unless someone can report real info)
But the fundamental technology of using an accelerometer to detect lean and actuate the light array, seems to be there - at that point, it is quite easy to have it drive 'decent' high output LEDs vs the low cost coloured versions - and of course its not just pure lumens but the directional optics to put the light where it is useful. (but again, not hard to copy what someone else has already engineered in that regard)

As with many products, the true innovators can attract a premium price - for a while - besides, they have R & D costs to recover
Reverse engineering however is incredibly inexpensive - as is manufacturing cost in China.
So if it's a GOOD copy, it just might be a viable option for the price (if you don't mind the ethical issue)
But important to be aware of exactly what you are getting!

Back