Carpenter exhaust 2020 Rockets

I bet I could make it fit, given enough duck tape.

Duct, Mr Grammar Nazi. 😉

Technically you're both right

71rN0PxTMxL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Probably works well but I hate that big hole ahead of the rear wheel....
Carpenter will need to consider two cans there like Werkes® has, or a double as Zard® did. It does not look too shabby from the other side, though. It just goes to show how used we have become to motorcycle manufacturers sneaking EPA/EUROx-pleasing automotive sized silencers in below the swing-arms now. So much so that something immediately looks amiss when they are removed. The inline-triple Rocket motor is pretty tall as well - even taller than the 350CI ZZ3 in my '95 Boss Hoss. But that has a separate clutch and tranny, to be fair.

DSC02248.jpg

Last edited:
no...no...no.....is it just me ?...Im sorry but to take a bike that is beautifully finished and put an exhaust on it that looks like its unfinished...what is going on there?...The stock headers to me are fine..any bigger and you have a problem with heat on your leg right?...its the cat converter that is stifling the power.
Let the motor breath like the engineer wanted it to and then you will see the resulting power. I havnt looked at the possibility of air intake modifications yet only because the look is just fine and i dont want to change that look.
I have changed the exhaust but kept the stock look...done away with the cat converter...changed the tune and wow!...how much do you want tho?...
I can put the exhaust back to stock in a few minutes if i need to.
But....each to their own...its always interesting seeing other peoples ideas.
Im thinking Carpenter will come up with something that looks and works well.

Just a p.s.
I rode in heavy rain a few weeks back for about 200 kms and lo and behold when i dismounted my new rain pants had holes in the right leg from touching the stock headers!!...i should have learned by now to wrap tape around that leg cos the pants are baggy and the headers are right bloody there!!...i only bought new rain gear cos i burnt the last rain pants leg on the headers of my 2016 Rocket didnt i ???!!..Duh!

Last edited:
no...no...no.....is it just me ?...Im sorry but to take a bike that is beautifully finished and put an exhaust on it that looks like its unfinished...what is going on there?...The stock headers to me are fine..any bigger and you have a problem with heat on your leg right?...its the cat converter that is stifling the power.
Let the motor breath like the engineer wanted it to and then you will see the resulting power. I havnt looked at the possibility of air intake modifications yet only because the look is just fine and i dont want to change that look.
I have changed the exhaust but kept the stock look...done away with the cat converter...changed the tune and wow!...how much do you want tho?...
I can put the exhaust back to stock in a few minutes if i need to.
But....each to their own...its always interesting seeing other peoples ideas.
Im thinking Carpenter will come up with something that looks and works well.

Just a p.s.
I rode in heavy rain a few weeks back for about 200 kms and lo and behold when i dismounted my new rain pants had holes in the right leg from touching the stock headers!!...i should have learned by now to wrap tape around that leg cos the pants are baggy and the headers are right bloody there!!...i only bought new rain gear cos i burnt the last rain pants leg on the headers of my 2016 Rocket didnt i ???!!..Duh!
that is so annoying, i go through about 3 pairs of rain pants a year, because of that, on both of the rockets

No problems with it, but from the peanut gallery, I'd cut that tip to follow the lines of the fender and wheel and would opt for the sidewinder/equal length to come.... /am found that with my 1st gen rickety rocket

Back