Carpal Tunnel Surgery

Dawg68

Nitrous
Ride
2014 R3R / 2017 R3T
im sure there are a few out there that have had this procedure done, just curious, how long before you could ride again?

Thanks

im sure there are a few out there that have had this procedure done, just curious, how long before you could ride again?
Thanks

Good luck - you will blow through it with flying colors!
I have done the surgery twice (once each wrist).
The surgery was a Can O' Corn. Way easier than a csvity drilling!
I was a tad sore until the following day and then a little stiff for a couple more days.
I went riding 72 hours after for a 200 mile day ride with no issues.
PS: I do doubt that I could have ridden this soon had I been riding a sport bike!

A workmate of mine had the surgery this summer on his right wrist. Surgery was done on a Friday and he rode his RoadGlide to work on the following Thursday about 45 miles. He said he felt some discomfort and some tightness but had full strength to twist the throttle and pull the brake lever. He is 55. I hope that helps...

10 days sounds about right as I had both of mine done last year. For riding a bike I would say you will be good. Working the clutch may be the biggest issue. As for other things..no more than 10 lbs for 30 days and then gradually work back into things. I did mine in the off season.

10 days . . . Both done at the same time, I assume?

My doctor wouldn't do that. She advised for sanitary reasons if nothing else. Since my wife said she wouldn't wipe my arse, I did one at a time. Then again, I also had to have a trigger finger fixed when I did my right hand....it was a good idea not to do them both. I have arthritis in my right wrist and that flared up from the surgery. Now that was painful!

My doctor wouldn't do that. She advised for sanitary reasons if nothing else. Since my wife said she wouldn't wipe my arse, I did one at a time. Then again, I also had to have a trigger finger fixed when I did my right hand....it was a good idea not to do them both. I have arthritis in my right wrist and that flared up from the surgery. Now that was painful!

I reckon yours was much more serious than mine and the 10 days expected.
Hope all healed well. Mine sure did and has been good ever since.

Back