Attachments

• IMG_20210316_104641.jpg
    IMG_20210316_104641.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20210316_104702.jpg
    IMG_20210316_104702.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 73
i wonder if the cops here would be d1cks about the angle of the plate
When standing directly behind the bike as if looking over the hood of a cop car, its clearly legible. To help with clearance, i raised the preload about half way
if i carry a passenger.. Been over lots of bumps and RR tracks and it doesnt bottom out on the tag no matter how hard it bounces.
Havnt tried two up yet. But think it will be OK. Install was really easy.. I used some double sided Gorilla Tape on the leading edge to hold the bracket in place
during install to keep it in the right place when doing the holes for the bolts. Taking of that Godzilla bumper bracket really improves the look of the rear..

You can see the plate from a car windshield clearly, so they shouldnt.. I see lots of ****** Rockets with tilted plates here.
here we have an issue with ****** rockets, flipping plates up, putting them in under the fender as far back as they can, bending them back out of the way, keep in mind it isn't all of them, but they go out and cause havoc on the highway and streets, and number of them who do this are running dirty as well, if you are on a cruiser, cops usually leave you alone, if you are on a ****** rocketish looking bike (yes new R3 qualifies in this group) be prepared to be stopped at some point, just because, and if they are bored they can get you for having the plate on angle, i'll have to check with them to see what the limits are, but i have seen a few people get tickets for angled plates, and they were pretty much what you see here, and no they weren't being disrespectful to the cops

here we have an issue with ****** rockets, flipping plates up, putting them in under the fender as far back as they can, bending them back out of the way, keep in mind it isn't all of them, but they go out and cause havoc on the highway and streets, and number of them who do this are running dirty as well, if you are on a cruiser, cops usually leave you alone, if you are on a ****** rocketish looking bike (yes new R3 qualifies in this group) be prepared to be stopped at some point, just because, and if they are bored they can get you for having the plate on angle, i'll have to check with them to see what the limits are, but i have seen a few people get tickets for angled plates, and they were pretty much what you see here, and no they weren't being disrespectful to the cops
Cops here in Georgia are usually OK with bikers, except speeding.. Atlanta is probably a little more touchy with something like this.
I was worried i couldnt make out the numbers on the tag being visible from a car behind me like a cop, so i taped the bracket in place before doing
the install. It looks really raked, but really visible from behind.

Cops here in Georgia are usually OK with bikers, except speeding.. Atlanta is probably a little more touchy with something like this.
I was worried i couldnt make out the numbers on the tag being visible from a car behind me like a cop, so i taped the bracket in place before doing
the install. It looks really raked, but really visible from behind.

Just checked with the Georgia Highway Patrol office here in town.. They say the plates just need to be clearly legible from the vehicle behind you. While doing the install i
thought twice about installing the tag light. Because the rear tail light is always on while riding, and the plate being directly under the light, the illumination
is great without the license plate light. Its actually brighter now at night than when the stock light was on.

No disrespect Sonnie, but I honestly don't get the point of the mod. Seems a little off when the license plate is angled upward, while the turn signals are angled horizontally.
Is it done for esthetic purposes or to take weight off?
I still see the stock setup as the best thus far. JMHO, not trying to be a dick. :thumbsup:

No disrespect Sonnie, but I honestly don't get the point of the mod. Seems a little off when the license plate is angled upward, while the turn signals are angled horizontally.
Is it done for esthetic purposes or to take weight off?
I still see the stock setup as the best thus far. JMHO, not trying to be a dick. :thumbsup:
It gets rid of almost 23 lbs of unsprung weight, and the original Godzilla bracket just looks hideous on a Sport bike with such nice lines.
The plate has to be kicked up to clear the rear tire during spring compressioin with a rider. Plus the turn signals are tucked in much farther
and up much higher for people to see. The look now is much cleaner i think. Everybody has their own idea of what looks good as it should be.
I didnt like the way the stock bracket hid that cool looking fat rear tire either.

It gets rid of almost 23 lbs of unsprung weight, and the original Godzilla bracket just looks hideous on a Sport bike with such nice lines.
The plate has to be kicked up to clear the rear tire during spring compressioin with a rider. Plus the turn signals are tucked in much farther
and up much higher for people to see. The look now is much cleaner i think. Everybody has their own idea of what looks good as it should be.
I didnt like the way the stock bracket hid that cool looking fat rear tire either.
I'm sure it looks great, and most probably the pics don't do it justice.

I honestly think this bike looks incredible once you open up the rear tire with removing the stock plate holder. It’s quite a looker in person. I recently installed the Accesss Design kit from France. Went with this kit as it really kept the back mudguard clean.
FFC42BAC-FEDC-493B-BE0E-713408236C7A.jpeg

Last edited:
Back