I haven't seen him, since the first day, but his Mom said they put a rod in his leg, and a plate on his collar bone, and will leave the shoulder blade to heal as is. Morgan & Morgan came the next day, and had him sign some papers, to get things started. I hope he gets something out of all this suffering. Also, last Saturday, another biker got killed just a few yards from where my neighbor got it. Small 2 lane country road with no traffic, but the one that didn't make it, was pulling out from that road, onto a major highway. I just went by today, and could see the FHP paint markers on the road. He must have pulled right out in front of somebody. Kinda takes the fun out of riding. Took my Kawasaki ZRX 1200r out today, and was VERY cautious. :unsure:

Sorry about your friend, hope all works out for the best!!

I found out in New Jersey(not sure about other states), you should always insure your motorcycle’s, mopeds, or scooters with the same insurance company you have your auto insurance with. In the event of an accident if the person is underinsured, you can sue your own car insurance company! If I had a separate policy with a different insurer I would have been SOL.

My son was rear ended (on a moped)almost two years ago and suffered from a undiagnosed concussion for 6 months. Spent the next year in therapy, neurological ,physical and occupational!
The person that hit him had 10/15 insurance. The lawyer said I can believe you carry 300/500 insurance!
In my mind you cannot carry enough insurance.
Talk to a lawyer about what type insurance you need, they know.
I’ve never sued anyone before and I hope I never have to again. It’s a nightmare.

Sorry about your friend, hope all works out for the best!!

I found out in New Jersey(not sure about other states), you should always insure your motorcycle’s, mopeds, or scooters with the same insurance company you have your auto insurance with. In the event of an accident if the person is underinsured, you can sue your own car insurance company! If I had a separate policy with a different insurer I would have been SOL.

My son was rear ended (on a moped)almost two years ago and suffered from a undiagnosed concussion for 6 months. Spent the next year in therapy, neurological ,physical and occupational!
The person that hit him had 10/15 insurance. The lawyer said I can believe you carry 300/500 insurance!
In my mind you cannot carry enough insurance.
Talk to a lawyer about what type insurance you need, they know.
I’ve never sued anyone before and I hope I never have to again. It’s a nightmare.
Most states you just carry um/uim.

We have very low, maximum limits on motorcycle only insurance. Our insurance is terrible and very confusing and you will get screwed if you don’t choose correctly.

In my limited dealings with nj insurance I saw it was crazy. Co primary insurance etc...

We have very low, maximum limits on motorcycle only insurance. Our insurance is terrible and very confusing and you will get screwed if you don’t choose correctly.
Then again in a state where its illegal to pump your own gas...

Then again in a state where its illegal to pump your own gas...

Yes, but nice in the winter and rain! It’s a luxury, wife and daughters love it! Believe it or not the insurance is cheaper if you have employees that pump gas than consumers. Gas is more expensive in Pennsylvania and they have pump ur own!

Insurance anywhere is a scam. I have 6 motorcycles, and a car, but to insure everything, I'd have to have 7 policies. I can only drive one at a time! A policy should be for the person, not for each vehicle. And why in hell in a state that requires you to have insurance to drive, do they offer you "un insured motorists" insurance. What a scam. And like any insurance, car, home, health, life, you never know what you are paying for "until" you try to use it. And piss the company off, and they will just cancel your policy. We need a revolution against these thieves!:mad:

Insurance anywhere is a scam. I have 6 motorcycles, and a car, but to insure everything, I'd have to have 7 policies. I can only drive one at a time! A policy should be for the person, not for each vehicle. And why in hell in a state that requires you to have insurance to drive, do they offer you "un insured motorists" insurance. What a scam. And like any insurance, car, home, health, life, you never know what you are paying for "until" you try to use it. And piss the company off, and they will just cancel your policy. We need a revolution against these thieves!:mad:
I have to agree that the policy should be written off the person alot like a homeowner's. You have to have um because some people will never obey the law... Insurance is one of the most regulated industries so trust me your policy tells you exactly what is covered in an accident as well as your responsibility. We are fortunate that we live somewhere where we have the option of choosing from multiple companies. Especially in Florida. You guys have companies down there that aren't even legal in most other states lol.

Back